Finding groups sailing on certain ships

Is there a way to find out what particular group will be sailing on a Norwegian cruise? In order to get us a good rate and an upgrade our travel agent booked us with a group that is sailing the same cruise we are. I had forgotten all about it until I received our confirmation for OBC today and it shows us with this group. I've tried to research the name but come up empty. Is there someplace online that list group cruising? Just curious. She said it's done all the time and that we do not have to be part of the group activities.

Like cruising golfer said! And you benefit in the end.

If you had questions at the time your TA is the best person to have asked.

They don't publicize the groups and you can't even ask the cruise line. On one of my cruises I chatted with a nice couple during lunch. They told me they had been on a cruise that sailed with a very large group of people who were part of a motorcycle club. They said the group was generally loud especially around the pool & hot tubs, etc.... Since that bothered them they tried finding out for their next cruise if there would be any large groups and were told the cruise line would never release that type of info.

Edited by sugarnyc

Most "group" space is like what others have described. You get bonus OBC and sometimes (depending on the size of the group) additional amenities (wine, chocolates delivered, etc). Most of the time it's not an actual group- it's just a block of rooms.

I always move clients into a group since it means they can double up on OBC (promotional OBC offered by the cruise line, and then the OBC offered as a group amenity). Sometimes the group space has a lower price- especially if the group was reserved early and it's a hot sailing with prices that have gone up since launch. Other times the rates are the same or lower so it makes sense to move a reservation into the group so they can keep the lower price but still get the amenity.