solo doing horse/buggy ride in Belize

cruse2loose

I am thinking of doing solo on the Dream with port in Belize. I read they have horse buggy tours for $15.00. Is this still true? Do you just walk through the tourist area and see the them? Would they just take one person on a ride, do they take you around and explain the history of the town to you? TIA

• 2 weeks later...

We just did the horse and buggy tour in May and loved it! Our guide was excellent and took us around the city pointing out landmarks and telling us about the culture and history. We stopped at a fruit stand/small market and we stopped at a park by the ocean where my kids got out to play for a little bit. It was great for our family! We are not the cave tubing type.... outside the port is a small market that was nice to shop in as well. We never felt unsafe. There will be tour guides with signs inside the port after you get off the tender, you will have no problem finding one if that is what you want to do. It was $15 each.

• 3 weeks later...

[/size][/size]

We just did the horse and buggy tour in May and loved it! Our guide was excellent and took us around the city pointing out landmarks and telling us about the culture and history. We stopped at a fruit stand/small market and we stopped at a park by the ocean where my kids got out to play for a little bit. It was great for our family! We are not the cave tubing type.... outside the port is a small market that was nice to shop in as well. We never felt unsafe. There will be tour guides with signs inside the port after you get off the tender, you will have no problem finding one if that is what you want to do. It was $15 each.

Do you remember your drivers name? I'm always looking for a good buggy ride and a good driver who stops at a fruit stand...... Oh yea! Hope you tipped him well!

This buggy ride was in Belize? I am confused because everything I find says no beaches in Belize City? Was the stop outside the "Old Belize" attraction? I know there is a man made "beach" there. Thanks for anymore info! We have no idea what we are doing.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

My daughter and I are going to Belize in November of this year. Mikayla is a special needs child she has Williams syndrome and has no problem with mobility. We have been viewing the excursions available through the cruise lines in Belize. After reading the reviews on the buggy ride it sounds like an absolute perfect fit. She turned 18 on our last year's Cruise which was her first and Loves loves loves shopping! My question is when you rent the buggy for the day will they stop all the little shops so you can go in and do your shopping and then come back and they're waiting for you. I would definitely pay more if this were the case. She has no interest in seeing the ruins she's very emotional and seeing the poverty level would depress her for the rest of the cruise. I know that sounds silly but she is very very sympathetic towards others. I really want her to have her shop till you drop days. I would appreciate any response and thank you in advance

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry I don't remember our driver's name!!

Yes, this was in the city of Belize. There was not a beach, but the ocean was right there with a retaining wall. The park was right next to the ocean - but there was no entry point to the water. I will try to see if I can post a couple of pictures.

I think for your daughter I would just stay in port and shop. There aren't any shops outside the gate that we saw (besides local). There is a small market place right outside the gates that had some nice arts and crafts. The buggy is just hired for the tour, not the whole day. The tour lasts about an hour or a little more.