Interconnecting cabin on Insignia

Techno123

We are soon to sail on the newly revamped Insignia and have an interconnecting B1 cabin. Is the noise transfer an issue with just the door? The ship is fully booked so no chance of changing. I know this is the chance you take with a gty but we didn't have a choice at the time of booking. I have found a couple of previous posts with some saying they never heard a thing and others saying they would never do it again :o

If noise is an issue can they add any extra insulation over the door? We don't want to disturb our neighbours either. Many thanks

We are soon to sail on the newly revamped Insignia and have an interconnecting B1 cabin. Is the noise transfer an issue with just the door? The ship is fully booked so no chance of changing. I know this is the chance you take with a gty but we didn't have a choice at the time of booking. I have found a couple of previous posts with some saying they never heard a thing and others saying they would never do it again :o

If noise is an issue can they add any extra insulation over the door? We don't want to disturb our neighbours either. Many thanks

There is no way to add extra insulation to the door, that said, we've had interconnecting cabins and never heard a peep and also had situations where you knew that the other people were there.

By the same token, it's not as if the cabins which don't connect are necessarily as quite as an isolation tank, it's all about location on a ship.

The positive spin that I can offer is that Oceania does not attract a very raucous crowd, so unless the sound of occasional laughter and muffled voices from another room sets your teeth on edge, any noise that you do hear is unlikely to be very intrusive or prolonged.

People don't bring boom boxes onto Oceania ships. ;)

Does that mean I have to leave my boom box at home? ;) Thanks JimandStan - I have been on too many ski holidays with paper thin walls to worry about a little bit of noise. I just don't want to feel like their are 4 of us sharing the same stateroom!