Calling all 2007 brides!

acouch

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All! This is all so exciting! I am getting married March 30th, 07 on the Carribean Princess. We're finalizing our save the dates right now and are hoping to get them out my the end of Jan.

I looked high and low to find the perfect save the date magnet and just never came across anything that was just perfect for the cruise. Then I found out that if you ask the company you're getting your magnets through, they might let you pick one of their stock photos (tropical beach, etc.) and make a custom magnet. That's what we've done and I think they're going to look awesome!

So we are getting married in March 2007 as I said above. I have not yet started looking at dresses. Have any of you started looking? Do you think it is to soon for that, maybe something that I should wait until summer time or something? I just wanted to see what your thoughts were :D

There is another thread on this board about this exact thing, no, it is definately not too early to start looking for your dress, mine is already picked out and bought, the thread on this board is "what are you wearing" or something like that" you might want to take a look at it, or start a new thread.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Sarah, Do you have to pay an extra feeo for Cruisingweddings because you used them instead of RCL's wedding department?

Hi everyone.. My fiance and I are getting married March 10, 2007 on RCL Navigator of the Seas. We just booked it last week using www.cruisingweddings.com and so far the coordinator on there couldn't be more wonderful.. Tomorrow I am beginning my dress search and I could not be more excited! Anyone else getting married on Navigator?

Hi Sarah, Do you have to pay an extra feeo for Cruisingweddings because you used them instead of RCL's wedding department?

You do not pay them a fee.. They work with Royal Caribbean and Royal Romance.. they save me a lot of stress and aggrivation. I actually was referred to them by someone else on cruise critic.. rara0508 (I think thats the name). She is getting married in 2 weeks and so far everything has worked very well for her.

:) Hello everyone....my first post on here after getting a lot of help and interesting information from everybody's experiences with their cruise ship weddings....I am getting married on the Carnival Liberty Jan 9th 2007 at our stop in St Thomas on the ship, we have 19 people sailing with us....we were engaged this past Jan on the same ship! very excited and watching our countdown!

We we will be on that sailing with you. My daughter will also be getting married, but on Megans Bay while we are in St. Thomas. We will be having a celebration dinner at Harry's that evening. Are you getting your hair done at the salon? Laura

hello! I am hoping to get my hair done at the salon yes....ironically i'm a hairstylist....but totally do not want to do my own hair that day ....i'm also wondering if the salon does make up...have you heard? we're going to wear all of our wedding gear to dinner that night but in the normal dining! if you see the girl in the other wedding dress that's me! Is your daughter getting excited??

I am so thankful for cc!!!

I have the same concerns, I booked a wedding with RCL for April 2007 the 16th to be exact and like many of you I have heard not so good reviews for Royal Caribbean, but chatting with folk on cruise critic really eased my worries.

this is only my 2nd cruise. It started out just being me, my fiancee, our parents and my sister for a total of 7. now, my other family members want to try to come. we didn't make a formal announcment because we didn't want people to feel obligated to try to come if they couldn't financially.

Am I starting to late? if I decide to invite others should I sent out save the date cards first or the invitations?

I was concerned that it was "etiquette" but it looks like so many people are doing it now.

Any thoughs, opinions, suggestions are more than welcomed

congradulations all!

I don't know about makeup. I will be doing my daughters. I have recieved emails from the wedding coordinators about the salon and they will be contacting via phone for details on what I need that morning of the wedding. Try emailing them, they are very good at answering any questions. Laura

So we are getting married in March 2007 as I said above. I have not yet started looking at dresses. Have any of you started looking? Do you think it is to soon for that, maybe something that I should wait until summer time or something? I just wanted to see what your thoughts were :D
My thoughts are to lose weight before looking...LOL

We are getting married on Carnival Glory on 3/10/2007. I can't wait. We just booked yesterday and not a moment too early as the package I wanted was already taken. Oh well, there is a half hour less of an open bar and no ice sculpture. It will still be great.

I am so excited and I can't wait. We also just found our wedding bands yesterday.

:rolleyes:

We got engaged on NCL Jewel on Feb 14th 2006, and have booked Royal Caribbean's "Explorer" for Feb11th. Get married on the boat before it pulls out of port. 22 people so far...... It seems so easy, everything is done.. just pick out a dress!

Planned on getting married on April 29 2007 on St. John off of the Adventure of the Seas. The cruise line changed routes starting at Barabados instead of St. Thomas. We don't want to have our honeymoon before the wedding so we are changing the wedding location. Having it in PR before cruise will increase the cost of everyone attending because the would have to arrive at least a day early. No wedding on Sea Days. National holiday in Barbados. 4 Day waiting period at St. Lucia. Antigua looks perfect. Coordinating with an All Inclusive resort for daypasses for the guests and the wedding. We are happy with the changes and expect the day to be as perfect as originally planned. 3 May 2007

SEMPRE GUMBY:cool:

• 4 weeks later...
Hi

welove2cruisedou

Cool Cruiser

I am also renewing my vows in May 2007 on the NCL ship. I will book my wedding package in Sept. '07 right after my baby is born. Having an onboard wedding is a cheap way to go!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone!!! We are getting married 2/18/07 on Caribbean Princess. We sent out a whole packet with price, room config., and a response card in December. Then we just sent out a "please make payments to travel agent card" and plan on sending a formal invitation after that. We have 53 guests sailing with us. IT SHOULD BE FUN!!!

My fiance and I are taking our honeymoon on the Caribbean Princess 1/14/2007. We are first time cruisers and are interested in any good information on honeymoon cruising anyone can provide. After reading some of these posts its too bad we didn't think about getting married on a ship. That would have saved some stress I think. Good luck to the rest of you gals and happy cruising!:p

Archived