Calling all 2007 brides!

acouch

clblythe8 - congrats to you !!

I am sailing Carnival Victory April 29 and getting married in St. Thomas !! Are you have a reception on the island? Have you finalized your plans? Who are you using for the ceremony? We are still working on figuring all of that out. We have 29 other people sailing with us. We want to have a "reception" on the island, nothing fancy though. Just wondered what you were doing.

clblythe8 - congrats to you !!

I am sailing Carnival Victory April 29 and getting married in St. Thomas !! Are you have a reception on the island? Have you finalized your plans? Who are you using for the ceremony? We are still working on figuring all of that out. We have 29 other people sailing with us. We want to have a "reception" on the island, nothing fancy though. Just wondered what you were doing.

Hi eljayel66! We actually haven't booked the cruise yet,but hope to do that soon. So I don't have any details as of yet. I do know that I want to have the ceremony at a beach location on the island, but not quite sure what I want to do for the reception yet. As of right now, we'll probably have a least 20 people sailing with us. What day will you guys be in St. Thomas? Are you going to have the ceremony on the ship or island? With having it on the island I can't decide whether or not to go through Carnival or a wedding coordinator in St. Thomas. Well hopefully I will have more details soon. I'm so excited!

We will be in St. Thomas May 3rd. We do want to have a beach wedding. I have had some contact with two different coordinators and waiting for their answers to my questions as far as prices, etc. We want to have a "simple" reception and know for sure we are not using Carnival. They charge $1,500 +/- and that includes nothing really but the ceremony...... Everybody going has already booked and paid the deposit. I am working with cruisingweddings.com which is where I got the group rate (after shipboard credit, because we have 8+ cabins - we are only paying $525.00 total pp for an inside cabin (which is mostly what everybody is getting because you only sleep there !!). She took everyone's individual bookings and set up a website with any info I wanted on there. They have been wonderful !! If you want to e-mail me and ask any questions (although I too am just in the beginning stages), I would be happy to help. Maybe you have some info for me too !! :D

Anyway - if you want, it's llandry1@twcny.rr.com

Would love to hear from you !!

Lisa

Hey All:

Jillian here from Ohio. Had the at home wedding mostly planned for June 2, 07 - recently have canceled all plans and are setting sail to do what we really wanted to in the first place. We are doing 4 night Bahamas on Carnival Sensation May 13-17 with cermony to be on the island May 15. Best of luck to all of you! :D

Hello fellow brides,

Congratulations to all of you!! We are getting married April 26, 2007 on the Mariner of the Seas while in port in Grand Cayman. We have 52 sailing guests:) . I have also become a nervous bride dealing with RR. Everytime I request something it is either extra $$ or not possible. But I am hopeful that things will turn out great.

We got engaged last year on the caribbean princess in St Thomas and have started planning our wedding for March 2007. We will be on the crown princess for a back to back cruise. We have been in touch with weddings the island way a few times. They seem to be very professional and helpful (they return calls quickly). I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not I would be allowed to bring a wedding cake back onto the ship that I am planning on buying from a bakery in St Thomas? This bakery will deliver the cake right to the ship for a fee. Thanks for your help.

We got engaged last year on the caribbean princess in St Thomas and have started planning our wedding for March 2007. We will be on the crown princess for a back to back cruise. We have been in touch with weddings the island way a few times. They seem to be very professional and helpful (they return calls quickly). I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not I would be allowed to bring a wedding cake back onto the ship that I am planning on buying from a bakery in St Thomas? This bakery will deliver the cake right to the ship for a fee. Thanks for your help.

Hi and congrats on your upcoming wedding. Not sure about the cake, but I do remember reading from the boards that people have taken the cake with them on board.

I am actually getting married on the Crown myself in April and would love to see your pics and review when you get back. :)

• 1 month later...

Congrats to all!! We are getting married 11/06/07 on Adventure of the Sea! How have your experiences been with RR so far... My wedding is still so far that it has seemed to be very easy thus far. What are all the other brides doing for welcome bags and newsletters. I would love to hear some of your ideas!

Well I am not a cruise bride but we are honeymooning on the NCL Star's Inside Passage Alaska cruise July 7-14. This will follow our destination wedding in Lake Tahoe with 40 of our family and close friends. We splurged for a balcony cabin and I booked our first excursion yesterday - glacier helicopter and dog sledding tour in Skagway.

We are so excited!!!!

We are all set for St Thomas on 3/22/07! We are just having our immediate families join the cruise with us (we equal 8 all together!) and i wouldnt want it any other way! I have watched all my GF's go through the drama of huge weddings at home - and i can not wait to celebrate this day with the people we love the most!

• 4 weeks later...

First let me begin by saying congratulations to all those who are planning to wed, having honeymoons, renewing their vows, and celebrating anniversaries! My fiance and I have booked our wedding aboard the Carnival Legend on July 31, 2007. The sail dates are 7/29/07-8/5/07. Upon reading some of the other posts I fear that I am drastically behind in my planning. I have yet to pick out a dress (I keep hoping for some lost pounds), I have yet to send any Save The Date cards (though I think I may be getting closer to picking out what I want), and I have not even looked at an invitation yet. But other than that all is under control....<laughing maniacally> On the upside, I have however by word of mouth passed on the info to friends and family so that I do have guests booked and attending....yay! So any advice anyone can give is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance and good luck to all! :)

I am getting married in St. Thomas, May 15, 2007 and we are on the Carnival Legend. What we did is sent save the date magnets which I bought on ebay (cheap, cheap cheap!) with brochures of the ship and an informational newsletter I made up on printshop. It is nothing fancy, just date, prices and ports. Carnival sent me out the brochures and postcards too! I must warn you though the Carnival group department has been a pain since the beginning, you can't talk to one person and everyone seems to have different rules. Good Luck!

I am getting married in St. Thomas, May 15, 2007 and we are on the Carnival Legend. What we did is sent save the date magnets which I bought on ebay (cheap, cheap cheap!) with brochures of the ship and an informational newsletter I made up on printshop. It is nothing fancy, just date, prices and ports. Carnival sent me out the brochures and postcards too! I must warn you though the Carnival group department has been a pain since the beginning, you can't talk to one person and everyone seems to have different rules. Good Luck!

I will be on my honeymoon cruise on Mariner (RCCL) on the 5-6-07 Western Carib. cruise. My fiance and I are cruising newbs so it'll be a very interesting trip! I havent yet come across another wedding/honeymooners for this cruise but I'm sure we wont be the only ones.

Nice meeting ya'll. ;)

My fiance and I are getting married on May 13, 2007 on the Rhapsody of the Seas. We are both so excited about the wedding and the cruise. For Christmas, he got us another cruise leaving February 4 for 5 nights. It's on the same ship so I can take pictures of the rooms that we will possibly get married in. I can't wait!!:D

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on your upcoming wedding. Are you getting nervous. I just got married on Jewel of the Seas December 30, 2006. It was awesome. Just as a side note (not to make your more nervous), either you, or someone you trust, needs to pay CLOSE attention to the wedding coordinators for your wedding. Mine left a lot to be desired. All in all, it was an awesome wedding.

Archived