Solstice May 30 cruise to Alaska

bigbenboys

We just got home from the Alaska cruise on Solstice. Overall we had a great time. We were in Aqua for the 2nd time. The room, bottled water and shower were nice. We only had 80 Elite and Elite+ onboard. There were not any Zenith members on the cruise. Rose our Captains Club Hostess was very nice. The people in Blu were great. We had the same table and waiter (Tony) that we had last time we cruised in Aqua and dined in Blu. I will say the food was better. We did not eat in Blu the 1st night. They were not serving Prime Rib. So we ate at Select Dining. We did not have any problem getting a table of four. On our 7 day cruise Blu never did serve Prime Rib. I only sent one meal back it was the lump crab risotto. It was so bad. I’m sure they cooked it right, but :eek:. I thought I would try something different. They had far less wild game on the menu this time. I did see pheasant and I didn’t see pigeon. We were able to get Escargot, French Onion Soup and Creme Brulee every night dining in Blu. Our next 2 cruises we are back in Concierge Class. I did book a cruise for Aug 2015 back in Aqua.

Now the music. Was it loud at times coming from the Grand Foyer, yes. But I never had a problem with it. I thought it was great that people were dancing and having fun. That is what vacation is about. At breakfast in Blu I heard Adele singing more than once. It was great. And another time in the Sky Lounge I heard a song by No Doubt. It just made me smile. Maybe they are listening.

I’m now looking forward to our next cruise on Solstice in the fall and booking a cruise for 2016. Richard