Just off The Fantasy this Morning

RBC Hokie

I have taken either 2 or 3 cruises on the Fantasy out of Charleston and you are right the staff is excellent. I got to know one of the bar tenders pretty well on my last trip and she said that the Fantasy is the most requested ships among Carnivals staff, because they find the cruisers to friendlier than other ports, I guess the Staff are so great because they are Happy to be there.

Edited by uncleg

Once on the ship we looked around for a bit then we decided to check out our room. We had a ocean view cabin mid ship on the upper deck great deck nice and quite. By the time we got to our cabin our luggage was sitting beside the door I had already forgot about the luggage now time to unpack. Was really surprised the room was pretty spacious not a lot of room after we dropped the bed down out of the wall but we didn't spend that much time in the room anyway. The bathroom and shower was a lot bigger than we had expected it too be so no complaints there. Got unpacked and off to the lido deck for lunch wasn't crowded at all by this time it was pouring the rain. So we ate inside in the back next to the bar lunch was good we had a frozen drink after we ate sat and watched it rain and finished off our drinks. By this time it was getting pretty crowded so we decided to go check out the rest of the ship.

Going on the Fantasy this October! Thanks for the review and information you're providing. I'm getting excited for my upcoming cruise.

Your welcome and you'll love the Fantasy and her crew very friendly bunch for sure. I'll try and write some more tomorrow and add some more pic as well.

Thanks for all the information. I'm about 2 hours from Charleston and would love to be able to drive to port on the same day, but I've been worried about the size of the ship and the limited itinerary. I'd love to do one of the 7 day cruises on the Fantasy, especially one with Half Moon Cay.

Thanks for all the information. I'm about 2 hours from Charleston and would love to be able to drive to port on the same day, but I've been worried about the size of the ship and the limited itinerary. I'd love to do one of the 7 day cruises on the Fantasy, especially one with Half Moon Cay.

We loved Half Moon Cay it was beautiful there. We debated on doing a 5 day or the 7 day so glad we went with the 7 day cruise. This was our first cruise so we can't. Compare the size of the ship to a bigger one but there was plenty of room on board. The ship was packed I think every cabin was sold and we always found a lounge chair to lay in the sun. And the pool is small but we were able to swim a little to cool off when ever we went to the pool. I really though it would be more crowded than it was really surprised me never felt like you were smoother at all. Guess everyone was just spread thru out the ship so it wasn't like everyone was at the same place at the same time. We're going to try and do another cruise on the Fantasy at the end of July.

• 1 month later...

Have a Question .. I'm going on the fantasy in oct and I live in charleston so we will be dropped off. Is being dropped off just as long a process as parking and checking in? I'm not sure if I should try and get fttf.. And also is it 50$ each person or for each cabin. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have a Question .. I'm going on the fantasy in oct and I live in charleston so we will be dropped off. Is being dropped off just as long a process as parking and checking in? I'm not sure if I should try and get fttf.. And also is it 50$ each person or for each cabin. Thanks.

Each cabin. Only one person in the cabin needs to book FTTF! :)

LuLu

No, it won't be quite as involved, but you will still have to wait outside and take a shuttle to the terminal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Getting ready for my Fantasy B2B in two weeks. It makes more sense to drive down the day before and stay in a hotel with a cruise/park package- the cost will be way less than paying for 12 days of parking. Any recommendations for hotels? I was thinking of the Holiday Inn. Going to book today.

Getting ready for my Fantasy B2B in two weeks. It makes more sense to drive down the day before and stay in a hotel with a cruise/park package- the cost will be way less than paying for 12 days of parking. Any recommendations for hotels? I was thinking of the Holiday Inn. Going to book today.

We've done the Hampton Inn Patriots Point twice and liked it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add some more info, we have sailed on Fantasy 3 times and never have spent more than 20-30 min from driving into port til we get to room. We have arrived about 11:15-11:45 had to wait to park once but otherwise embarkation was a breeze. Just pull up unload luggage, go park. take shuttle to ship, get card, board. We experienced more issues in Miami than anywhere. We did have a wait debarking once but we were still out of the parking lot driving home before 8AM on all our cruises. The ship seems different from others we have sailed there is a more laid back atmosphere and while partying is going on it seems to be slightly more low key than on some cruises. We will be sailing Halloween this year and will see how that is. All cruises are good cruises if you make them that way!