Cost of Alcohol on Carribean Princess

maasqueen

Can anyone give approximate cost of beer and wine on Princess ships? I also understand we are allowed to carry on one bottle of wine per adult passenger. Is this so? Have cruised Holland and Disney but never Princess. Am hoping this is just as nice as those two.

I don't recall the exact prices because I am not a big drinker, just have the occasional beer. As I recall they were about the same as land based bar prices or drink prices at a decent restaurant. As far as carrying on wine is concerned, you are in fact allowed to carry on one bottle (750ml I believe) per passenger for consumption in your cabin and not have it be subject to the corkage fee. You can bring more but it will cost you the $15 corkage fee per bottle.

Most wine is $7.95 a glass although the waiters will encourage you to buy a bottle and save it. This does actually save a bit of money. Wine in the dining room ranges from $24 a bottle on up plus the 15 percent gratuity. You can always save the rest for another night or take it with you. We usually take it along to a show.