Last-minute deals on Jan 06 QE2 crossing

QueensFan

I'd love to go on the January 2006 crossing, but I don't have the money right now. I figured out how I can raise the money between now and about October-November, but I can't book or anything until then.

Would it be possible to get a last-minute deal for about $4000 on a Caronia about then? I have dreamed of this trip for half of my fifteen years - and this is the last time I can ever do it the way I wanted to (pulling into Manhattan - for QE2's last time). I want to snatch this oppurtunity up.

I want to take this crossing...I'm going to have to save all I can to take it. But I have to do the QE2 at least once in my life, and I want to do it right, for the reason she was built.

I haven't a clue about last-minute deals, but when you say $4000... Do you mean per person, or...?

Right now C5 cabins should be going for about $1399 per person double occupancy (without airfare)... As there is currently a special offer on this crossing which works out to about 50% off the early booking fares on Cunard's site.

(Airfare from NYC to London is cheap, something in the realm of $210 pp on Virgin.)

I would love to do this myself, but doubt I will be able to. I know a lot of people who will be on her though. Actually, I know quite a few people who do her winter crossing virtually every year, if not every year! It has something of a cult following.

To be honest, the idea of crossing the Atlantic in January isn't as attractive to me as, say, crossing the Atlantic in July... I don't usually go searching for bad weather ;) (unlike some friends of mine!)... But I would love to do this crossing just to do a QE2 crossing (this could after all be one of our last chances to do it) and also for the fellow passengers (as I said, I know quite a few people who do this almost as a ritual, people who it would be delightful being in the middle of the Atlantic for six days with).

Anyhow, good luck. Chances of me being able to do this are virtually nil, but I hope you can make it.

What I call The Winter Transatlantic on OE2 is quite popular, yes, but is not always fully sold out. I would guess for $4,000 there would always be room for one more, Caronia-wise, 03 January.....even if you book this November. It is worth a try.........and you might try some of the travel groups/clubs you will see mentioned on this site who will be on with a group and may have a last-minute cabin. Good luck. I'm on, have been for two years, yet I know folk booking just last week. Give it a go.

Would it be possible to get a last-minute deal for about $4000 on a Caronia about then?

Who knows? Last year sold well - right now you can get a Caronia Gty for a LOT less than $4000 - and all you have to pay right now would be the deposit, with the balance due in October.

Peter

QueensFan, YES, now that's a good idea, the above.Do a small deposit NOW and you're in! On!

This is why I like this board.........people want to know stuff, others know stuff and have good ideas and suggestions.

Archived