Helsinki ideas/help required

Hi ...

I am arriving in Helsinki on the 7th July at West Harbour (8am ish arrival)

My plan is to go to the Market at the harbour side then pick up the hoho bus to continue my travels around Helsinki.

The reason for this route is due to timings, the hoho bus does not start operating until 10am but the market is opens much earlier, it seems a great shame to waste time at the port when I could be at the market/harbour.

My question is how do I get to the market from West Harbour?

Google maps tells me that it is a 30 minute walk but I am not sure if this is for me, I am quite geographically challenged(!) Perhaps a taxi, I assume they are readily available, any ideas of cost?

With regards to the hoho bus, do both buses (red and green) stop at West Harbour or do I need to select a particular one?

Should non of the above sound feasible please feel free to forward any ideas, not sure if I could cope with public transport on my own though (!)

Thanks in advance for reading

Kind regards

A x

The Green HoHo Bus was available for us at the West Harbor, in fact, the Eurodam Shore Excursion office was selling tickets for only $29 versus the 25 euro charged by the company.

I don't think we got off the ship at 8 AM though.

We also received a 20% discount in Stockholm for the Green HoHo Bus and Boat when we showed our receipt for Helsinki. It was good for the two days we were in port. 280 SEK vs. 350.

If that is Crystal Symphony then its quay LHB.

There should be a shuttle service available from almost all cruise ships to downtown. It would then be a 500 meter walk along the esplanade park to to Market (ask for the direction and you cannot really get lost).

As I understand it Hoho buses adapt their route according to where to cruise ships are that day.

Public transport would be a combination of bus 14 and tram 2 or 3 depending on where you change from the bus to the tram.

Taxi cost is 5.90 euro plus 1.52 Euro per kilometer. Not a bad option if you can find one.

If that is Crystal Symphony then its quay LHB.

There should be a shuttle service available from almost all cruise ships to downtown. It would then be a 500 meter walk along the esplanade park to to Market (ask for the direction and you cannot really get lost).

As I understand it Hoho buses adapt their route according to where to cruise ships are that day.

Public transport would be a combination of bus 14 and tram 2 or 3 depending on where you change from the bus to the tram.

Taxi cost is 5.90 euro plus 1.52 Euro per kilometer. Not a bad option if you can find one.

Thank you so much for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

A x

The Green HoHo Bus was available for us at the West Harbor, in fact, the Eurodam Shore Excursion office was selling tickets for only $29 versus the 25 euro charged by the company.

I don't think we got off the ship at 8 AM though.

We also received a 20% discount in Stockholm for the Green HoHo Bus and Boat when we showed our receipt for Helsinki. It was good for the two days we were in port. 280 SEK vs. 350.

Thank you for your help, it greatly appreciated ...

Kind regards

A x