Check your prices Early Savers!

kristie64063

Looks like most of the price drops are coming within 45-60 days of the cruise. Our cruise has dropped several times, but not enough for me to get obc or an upgrade , and still keep my original obc that was apart of a promo.

When you have early saver and the price guarantee, does Carnival automatically adjust it for you or do you have to be diligent and catch it yourself?

You need to catch it yourself. I check on a daily basis.

Today we have another $50 in OBC. Our first big drop we used it to upgrade to two balconies. This will be a surprise for my MIL :) So far we are ahead $320 from our original OV room.

Love the price drops!!:D

Looks like most of the price drops are coming within 45-60 days of the cruise. Our cruise has dropped several times, but not enough for me to get obc or an upgrade , and still keep my original obc that was apart of a promo.

Is the part about 45-60 days before the cruise your observation? Just curious. I would like to know the difference in the amount of OBC between ships. For example, is one more likely to get OBC on a smaller, older Fantasy Class ship versus a Dream Class ship? We are still 137 days from cruising on the Dream, so it seems that if you're correct, we still have a while to wait. [emoji13]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Is the part about 45-60 days before the cruise your observation? Just curious. I would like to know the difference in the amount of OBC between ships. For example, is one more likely to get OBC on a smaller, older Fantasy Class ship versus a Dream Class ship? We are still 137 days from cruising on the Dream, so it seems that if you're correct, we still have a while to wait. [emoji13]

I would think that most drops are going to occur after final payment date, so that only the Early Savers would be eligible for price drops. Last year was a bit different, as they slashed prices due to the negative press coming from the Triumph loss of power cruise. This year prices haven't budged for the fall yet (they took a nose dive in April last year), but I keep hearing people getting great drops on summer cruises (they are selling for less than fall cruises, which is crazy, so those of us on fall cruises will remain patient.

I would think that most drops are going to occur after final payment date, so that only the Early Savers would be eligible for price drops. Last year was a bit different, as they slashed prices due to the negative press coming from the Triumph loss of power cruise. This year prices haven't budged for the fall yet (they took a nose dive in April last year), but I keep hearing people getting great drops on summer cruises (they are selling for less than fall cruises, which is crazy, so those of us on fall cruises will remain patient.

That makes sense. Thanks for the insight. Makes me feel that I have nothing to lose by going ahead and paying in full, since we're not likely to see a price drop before then.

For those asking about "when" the price drops start.

I always book early saver and check every day sometimes several time per day. As jcearth stated prices fell after all the negative press with the Triumph. We had a ton on OBC for our Alaska cruise last year. This year not one penny in OBC from price drops.

Another thing I have observed that relocation cruises don't drop in price. Since they have unique itineraries the demand is high and so are the prices.

On our 'regular itinerary" cruises with no negative publicity the larger drops for us have occurred after final payment date.

So when do price drops start? When the ship is not filling up as fast as Carnival wants.

We're in the same situation as you. We booked the Breeze in September and yesterday it showed a price drop. Only thing is that the adjusted price is more than we paid through Early Saver. I don't expect any OBC for this cruise but I have another booked for January that I'm hoping there will be adjustments to.

I check daily and am up to $672 in OBC for my son and I. Unfortunately I think my cabin category is now sold out so I won't be getting anymore but am thrilled with what I have received so far.

If a category is sold out, there won't be price drops? I check everyday but we have a Premium Vista balcony and I'm guessing I won't see a price drop in that category. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That makes sense. Thanks for the insight. Makes me feel that I have nothing to lose by going ahead and paying in full, since we're not likely to see a price drop before then.

I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry! $810 of my $1,030 saved so far was prior to final payment ... :D

It all seems pretty random to me, lol. No formula on when price drops start / end; what class ships, what room category. Just based on their sales I guess and their whim!!

Edited by kristie64063

we just got a $500 price drop for our July Sunshine sailing. I used the form to submit the request. Our category (scenic balcony room) is sold out but the balcony is lower than my current rate. We called and they said they couldn't do anything since our category was sold out. I sent in the form and got my price drop within 36 hours! Don't give up!!