"Book Specialty Dining before you sail" email before reservations are open

I've been waiting for dining reservations to open up for my sailing.

Got an email today. Title was "Book Specialty Dining before you sail". Body was "Make 3 or more reservations in one of our specialty restaurants and receive an onboard credit to use during your cruise vacation". "Reserve now" link was broken (of course).

Logged onto RCL and went into the cruise planner. "One moment, we're working on building you the perfect vacation".

Clicked on dining. "Uh oh. It looks like you’re trying to reserve a product too far ahead or too close to your sail date. If you have several weeks to go, try reserving closer to your sail date."

I enjoy RCL's cruises but they know how to seriously aggravate their customers and waste their time.

IC

P.S. The other email in my inbox advertised a BOGOHO sale with inflated prices so that there was actually no sale at all. More wasted time.

We got the same e-mail and took the bait only to find out that our Vision sailing in January is not yet ready to take our reservations. I hope RCI doesn't change its mind about this promo by the time we sail!

We got this email yesterday and aren't sailing until the summer of 2015. My family knows I plan ahead, but trying to get them to commit to a dining time 13 monts ahead of vacation is a bit much for them to swallow....I wish Royal would spend more efforts on their IT area instead of useless emails so far in advance.

I haven't actually checked my emails today though. I was poking around on my RCI web reservation and clicked the link to add excursions. I was able to book three (I actually posted a new excursions "for fun" thread).

Keep trying, it may just be a temporary IT issue.