RCI Kon Tiki Excursion - St. Thomas

Hi,

I figured I may get more response in this forum rather then the Port specific forum since this is regarding a RCI excursion. I'll be sailing the Allure in July with extended family ages ranging from a spry 80, a few of us in our 30s, down to my 4 and 2 year old nephews. This eclectic mix of ages makes makes planning anything we can do together a challenge. We're looking at the Kon Tiki excursion as it looks like it might be an easy fun thing for everyone. I think it used to be a party boat, but it seems to have shed that in recent years. Anyone have any recent experience on it?

Thanks!

We did the Kon Tiki tour through Royal last year in St. Thomas and enjoyed the cruise. Not much of a party boat as it used to be many years ago. For a while, Royal even stopped offering this tour. I did notice there were a lot of families and couples on board. The boat pulls up right on the beach for about an hour, water is clean and calm, great for the little ones to go swimming. If you feel like packing, you can bring some small inflatable tubes for the kids.

If someone wants shade, they can sit downstairs on the Kon Tiki or sun themselves upstairs. It's a nice excursion for the age ranges you have in your family.