Juneau Float Plane

FraudBroad

we are booked with Wings Airways.. we have had a wonderful experience with them so far , in the planning stages... very nice people! "Jason" has been taking care of us, and ha even switched our flight times to enable us to do more in Juneau..http://www.wingsairways.com/

oh and i might add.. this company is one that the cruiseline uses.. but the cruiseline charges more than if you book directly with them.. also, they are located near the port..

Edited by twinmom38

Island Wings..I haven't used them yet

Sorry..I think they might be out of Ketchikan.

For Juneau I'm looking at the Taku Lodge flight and salmon feast

We are doing the Taku Lodge 5 Glacier float plane with salmon feast in mid-July in Juneau through RCCL!!:cool: Private booking is not that much less, so prefer the guaranteed excursion, so as not to miss our ship!;) Can't wait! I love flying in small planes!!

We did the Taku Lodge floatplane and salmon bake 1 week ago. It was awesome - fantastic views, great food. Ask if you can sit in the co-pilot seat for the best views. We booked through the cruise line because I had heard that the excursion sells out. All 5 planes were in use for our excursion and each plane holds 8 or 10 people. The lodge was full.

We were not lucky enough to see any bears, but the excursion was still great. A word of caution - the mosquitoes are plentiful. We had the battery clip-on mosquito repelers and they worked well.