Cunard/Princess QM2 promotion

Mustangs

Hello,

We were speaking with our TA concerning our upcoming QM2 sailing. She mentioned that Cunard is currently offering an "on board credit" for certain non-transatlantic sailings if you are a past passenger of the QM2 specifically.

She also mentioned that Princess has issued a similar "promotion", which can be applied to the QM2 for these sailings. This is Princess promotion ZWB.

As we are Princess Captain's Circle members, we checked our last mailing from Princess but could not find this promotion.

Has anyone received this from Princess or Cunard?

Thanks!

Anne and Alan (who would love to use the on board credit to try those martinis in the Commodore Club!):rolleyes:

I received this Cunard promotion.

"A Gift For Your Return," mailed to first-season QM2 past-passengers "In recognition of your Inaugural season patronage."

You got a "Welcome Back Shipboard Credit" ranging from $100 to $25 per person, based on accommodation level. Booking had to be by 31 August.

I booked two voyages in 2006. The promotion code was ZWB.

BUT! I would check with your travel agent again.....I don't think the credit carries over for anyone sailing Princess in the past (Princess seems to have its own promotion and does use the same code ZWB for Princess bookings.) nor is the credit for any QM2 first-time bookings. Sometimes travel agents can get booking information wrong and when the paperwork comes back different from what they've told clients, well, they just blame Cunard.

On the other hand, does the right hand know what the left hand is doing?

This happens. So I called Cunard to check. The reservation agent told me the credit was only for past passengers of QM2, only, and did not apply to other passengers from other ships and lines of the company.

You may well be told something else, go figure! Call the 800 number and ask. The reservation desk agents are quite helpful.

Good luck.

Ab Ovo :)

Av Obo,

Thank you so much for this information.

Our travel agent contacted Cunard again to clarify the differences in the Princess ZWB and Cunard ZWB promotions. The Princess ZWB can be applied to certain Cunard sailings, but is basically an early booking discount. The Cunard ZWB is for past passengers of the QM2 only, as you stated.

Thanks again for taking the time to help.

Enjoy your 2006 voyages!

Anne and Alan

Archived