Boarding and Disembarking times Breakaway

swim25

I have a couple of questions about how early you can board the Breakaway and how late can you disembark.

First what time do you usually arrive at the pier to board the breakaway. We don't have any kind of priority boarding. We are staying at a hotel near LGA so how long would it take to get to the pier on a Sunday? We usually use Dial 7.

We have a 4:30 flight leaving LGA after we disembark. We were wondering what to do during the few hours in between. Last year on our Splendor cruise we used Carnival's transfer and made us do early disembarking. This got us to the airport around 10:30 AM with all our luggage and we couldn't check in until 1:30 (Air Canada JFK). I was going to use NCL's New York post Cruise excursion but they won't book with an international flight before 5 PM. How late could we stay on the ship so that our wait at LGA won't be so long. I had even thought of asking a taxi to drive around for awhile until the meter got to high. The NCL excursion would have cost $180 for the two of us anyway. Any thoughts on how we could kill the few hours in between.

Generally with NCL (regardless of ship and port) you will need to get off the ship by 9:30am to 10:30am and new passengers usually start boarding between 11am and noon (one can check-in earlier - usually from 10am or so - and wait for boarding in the terminal).

What I would do would be to taking a yellow cab to Schwartz luggage & storage (less than $10 from the pier), leave my bags there and then wonder around in NYC. Last time we were in NYC, we had planned to do that but because people we met on cruise had a hotel booked, we got to leave our bags there for few hours for free.

Edited by Demonyte