Price went down, but not eligible for price protection...ugh

dafoester

I booked a month ago for the Fantasy, which is sailing on August 23rd. Today I checked the prices and it has dropped a total of $75, so I figured that I would fill out the price protection form. Unfortunately it was denied because I did not book early saver. Furthermore, I cannot cancel and re-book because my deposit of $150 is non-refundable. Needless to say, I am a bit frustrated!

Rule #1: DONT keep checking prices if you are no longer able to take advantage of price drops or upgrades. Otherwise it's a quick way to feel the way that you feel. :o

On a brighter note, have you thought of requesting an upgrade in lieu of a price adjustment or OBC? That's how we ended up with a balcony 4 days prior to sailing last summer. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

I feel ya. I just saw the OV price drop below the interior price we booked at. I am going to call at some point, to try and spring an upgrade or OBC. Any tips on how to approach that? I used PL to book

I feel your pain. I booked three balcony cabins for the Dream, sail date June 29th. About 2 weeks after I booked it, the fare went down... right after the final payment date. It is now down about $300 per cabin; so I'm out $900. Carnival said too bad, so sad.

Like one poster said, after I book it, I'm going to stop checking for price reductions if I don't qualify for one. It only makes me mad.

Not sure what type of room you are in but, you can always upgrade your room. That way you don't feel like you are loosing that price drop. Upgraded from ocean view to balcony one time for free due to the price drop one time.

Did you use a PVP or a travel agent? If you used a PVP just call and ask if there are any price drops. If you haven't made final payment they will adjust the price for you (just ask that they wont be changing your room). I have gotten quite a few price adjustments and I never book early saver. I booked an early saver cabin for our friends and they gave them the adjustment without any problem, didn't need to fill out any forms. I just call a PVP and they adjust the price for my final payment. Again, just double check that they won't be changing the room, they have never done that to me but just make sure you ask.

I also made a price adjustment for my friends with the early saver after final payment and they gave them a OBC. No forms filled out then either.