Sovereign cabin question

DMage

Looking at our reservation on RCCL today and they have assigned us our oceanview guaranteed cabin, #8000. From the plan, this is the first forward room on deck 8. My question is, what is next to it? The plans show a big open space, but an exterior picture shows windows, is it captain and higher staff quarters?

Also, we were assigned a connecting room, but obviously do not know the ppl next door. Can you hear through the doors any more than the wall, and is the door in the way? I know the rooms are small, I just was wondering if the door took up any more space or wall area used differently otherwise in a non connecting cabin? Thanks.

I'm not exactly sure what that space is. It looks like it is below the bridge, so it is probably either crew quarters or some other kind of crew space...possibly a radio room or the like.

Also, I highly doubt you will here a lot of noise from the connecting room. The doors they use on these ships are quite thick, and they have come quite a ways in using sound-dampening materials (and, SOTS was just refurbished not too long ago!)

Enjoy your cruise!

• 7 months later...

Archived