PVP Question

ugadawgfan

I am a platinum cruiser with Carnival but have never used a PVP consistently. Several months ago I sent a message to JH about a negative experience I had had with one that I had been trying to work with. He had a different one call me and work through the situation. Well, last night I had one call me to "follow up on my complaint". He seemed to not know that I had already received a call back in March but did have all of my information. He proceeded to give me his credentials, talk about being able to offer me OBC without having ES rate, and then say if I would send him an email "to whom it may concern, I want to work with __________ and him only for my present and future bookings" he would take over my account.

So my question, is this unusual? I thought it rather strange and don't want to fall into some type of scheme. He did give me a all back number and it us Carnival.

To me, it seems unusual. The only time a PVP calls me is to discuss a cruise already booked or to answer questions I've had. When you become Diamond, I know you receive a special PVP to work with. Perhaps Carnival is making that connection now, since you had problems and they don't want to lose your business?

It's not unusual. Apparently your profile now resided in several PVP's databases and the request from the last PVP you spoke to ensures that you continue working just with him.

There have been a lot of changes internally in the way that PVP's database is handled, Unfortunately some loopholes allow for another PVP to take over someone else's guests, even if they've been working with them for a log time.

My PVP, who is also a friend of many years, warned me about this, and told me that if for some reason my profile ever got transferred to another PVP, that I'd need to write to Carnival with a similar verbiage to the one you mentioned above.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi