Do you decorate your door?

I never have but want to.

We're on the spa deck and hope there isn't as much traffic there because the thought of someone stealing decor off the door makes me want to hurt someone.

Namely, the people who think it's ok to take it. I can't imagine it's only kids - I mean adults, namely too drunk ones, might get amusement from it too.

Last December we left our light up Christmas necklaces on the mailbox and they were always there, lit up, when we got back to the room.

Is it only on certain ships or certain categories that they have the mailboxes? Because I don't remember ever having a 'mailbox', just a number outside our door.

Hmmm, I think all three ships (Dream and Breeze being in the same class) had them. Not sure though!

Is it only on certain ships or certain categories that they have the mailboxes? Because I don't remember ever having a 'mailbox', just a number outside our door.

No not all ships have them. I can't remember which ones but I know I've not had them on all carnival cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We usually always decorate our door but I am cruising on the Pride in 2 1/2 weeks and I am stumped on what to do for a decoration.

Any ideas for me???

Brianna, How about playing off the Pride name? Things you are proud of? Proud to be American? I bet you can get 4th of July decorations cheap right now. :D Proud to be from chicago?

Pinterest has shown me that if you're on a Disney cruise not only are you expected to decorate your door but put out "fish extenders" for your roll call group. :eek:

Our last two cruises were Disney and we participated in the fish extender group both times. It is a lot of fun, although a good bit of work too. My son loved coming back to the room and finding surprises. And on the hurricane cruise it gave us something to do delivering to everyone as all the outside areas were shut down.

Are the doors on the Legend metal? We have magnets that we used on our other cruises, some of which could be recycled if he wants door decorations this time.

Brianna, How about playing off the Pride name? Things you are proud of? Proud to be American? I bet you can get 4th of July decorations cheap right now. :D Proud to be from chicago?

Wow.....that is very clever. Thank You. I'll see what I can put together

Definitely not proud to be from Chicago (area). Were the murder capital of the world now. Last weekend 67 people were shot and 14 died.

Wow.....that is very clever. Thank You. I'll see what I can put together

Definitely not proud to be from Chicago (area). Were the murder capital of the world now. Last weekend 67 people were shot and 14 died.

I know that makes you sad, but, i also know you love Chicago. Better times ahead. :)

I hadn't really thought about decorating our door, but since we are getting married on embarkation day I may put up a Just Married sign, our adult daughters and SIL are cruising with us as well so I had planned to get small white boards and markers for each of our doors so that we can leave notes for each other.

That's why I'm decorating ours this trip...I learned the hard way on the first two cruises that coming in late at night after hanging out at the piano bar or the Lido deck party that it's HARD to find my room. LOL

In the past, I've seen a couple doors decorated but not a whole lot. Pinterest has shown me that if you're on a Disney cruise not only are you expected to decorate your door but put out "fish extenders" for your roll call group. :eek:

We did a Disney cruise last September and decorated our door for our 3.5 yr old and she loved it and was so excited to find new magnets on it (also did the fish extender). Debating whether to put a magnet or two up this time on our carnival cruise. She'll be 4.5 this time around and still talks about the disney cruise and want to show her a Carnival Cruise can be just as fun.

We decorate our door BECAUSE WE LIKE TO DECORATE OUR DOOR. :p

We book pretty far in advance and so many things add to the excitement.....like the ANTICIPATION of everything about the cruise, the ports, the ship, etc. So the last several cruises I have added the search for the perfect door decorations to the anticipation. I have to be careful because of the luggage/space restrictions and that means I have to be more creative, too. I just think the decorated doors are fun and I love to see how creative some people can be. There is usually at least one port where we don't get off the ship and we use that day to walk around most of the ship looking for doors. LOL It is great exercise, gives us something to do on a port day and allows for an extra dessert since we have done so much walking around the ship looking at doors! LOL :rolleyes:

I love seeing the photos of the doors! I have to pack tonight for our drive to port tomorrow, but feel certain I can stay up late to come up with some decorations! Don't think I'll have time to make matching shirts, but never say never! :D

We will be on our next cruise. I have had a special magnet printed for our cruises from then forward with our names and wedding date aboard the Sensation on it.

OMG! I love that! Where did you get it? How much did it cost? And how quickly does it come in? We are getting married on the Imagination on August 3, 2014, so we are running out of time, but now I want one!

OMG! I love that! Where did you get it? How much did it cost? And how quickly does it come in? We are getting married on the Imagination on August 3, 2014, so we are running out of time, but now I want one!

If you don't have time to have one made...make one yourself. Wal Mart or any office supply store has magnet paper. Design what you want, put the magnet paper in your printer and select print!! I have done that several times and it works GREAT!! Have fun!!

If you don't have time to have one made...make one yourself. Wal Mart or any office supply store has magnet paper. Design what you want, put the magnet paper in your printer and select print!! I have done that several times and it works GREAT!! Have fun!!

Thank you! We are still in the middle of making our OOT bags and our bridal party shirts, but I'm sure I can squeeze this in...it appears that it won't be difficult to do if I can get the paper at Walmart! I'll go look tomorrow!

Thank you! We are still in the middle of making our OOT bags and our bridal party shirts, but I'm sure I can squeeze this in...it appears that it won't be difficult to do if I can get the paper at Walmart! I'll go look tomorrow!

Best wishes for a long and happy marriage!! Happy Sailing! :)