The Midnight Buffet

I have gotten caviar on ships with a Champagne bar at happy hour when buying a drink there in the past. Are any ships still doing this? NOS is my latest cruise and she has no Champagne Bar now, so no free caviar on her. I remember Oasis did this two years ago. Seems like I remember Indy doing this as well.

Pretty sure Celebrity still offers this at the champagne bars. Am curious to know about Oasis though!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

I think that was the problem. They were pretty fabulous, but also a fabulous waste of food since a lot of people don't want to eat a big meal at midnight. And, with a lot of older cruisers they found that a lot of people didn't even stay up late for it.

There were also chocolate buffets and other kinds, but I haven't seen any of those recently. These were all a ton of work and kept the staff up really late and a lot of people, like us, just went through and took pictures then went to bed.

I think they'd be better off doing a Gala Noon Buffet instead, but Idoubt that idea is going to catch on.

Tom

I miss the Gala Buffet, never ate anything, just loved the ice carvings, fruit carvings, desserts that were so beautifully decorated and all the other displays that took so many man hours to create such a beautiful buffet.