Dawn SF to 2 balcony suite?

meglet

We're currently booked in a deck 10 aft penthouse on a cruise to Bermuda and I've been watching prices, seeing them go down on the two forward suites with two balconies on deck 9. Anyone out there having experienced both suites? If it's only a few hundred dollars difference, would you do it? I think those suites get the 3 bottles of alcohol, so that would kind of cover the difference in price. Not a lot of OBC to be lost if I can get one of the forward suites, and I might pick up a similar amount booking a higher category suite. Any enablers out there?

Oh, and Happy Father's Day!

We're currently booked in a deck 10 aft penthouse on a cruise to Bermuda and I've been watching prices, seeing them go down on the two forward suites with two balconies on deck 9. Anyone out there having experienced both suites? If it's only a few hundred dollars difference, would you do it? I think those suites get the 3 bottles of alcohol, so that would kind of cover the difference in price. Not a lot of OBC to be lost if I can get one of the forward suites, and I might pick up a similar amount booking a higher category suite. Any enablers out there?

Oh, and Happy Father's Day!

Hi there,

I just returned from the Dawn in an OS; if you can do it, then upgrade. The owners suites are the only ones that offer the 3 bottles of liquor. If you do choose to do this, pre-order your bottles; they will be in your room waiting. Oh, by the way, you will have all the mixers you choose. In addition, the OS category also comes with unlimited soda and water (including Pelligro, speaking water).

I have been in an aft suite and I loves these suites. With the OS two balconies, the front balcony may not be usable during sea days if it is windy; you would have to use the side balcony.

I loved the experience of the OS, but is does come with a price!

Lisa

Thanks all. Bermuda Lover, I love Bermuda too. I've been going there for over 40 years. I was thinking with how slow the ship sails on the way back to Boston that the front AND the side balconies would be usable. Is that correct based on your experience? Oh...and can wine be one of your bottles of liquor or is it only the hard stuff?

Thanks all. Bermuda Lover, I love Bermuda too. I've been going there for over 40 years. I was thinking with how slow the ship sails on the way back to Boston that the front AND the side balconies would be usable. Is that correct based on your experience? Oh...and can wine be one of your bottles of liquor or is it only the hard stuff?

We use forward suites on almost all of our cruises. It has to be pretty bad weather to drive us off the forward balcony. Standing at the rail can be windy, but it has a solid wall and when sitting it is very nice. We eat out there often when underway.

You can switch out your booze for wine, but I wouldn't, the booze can go home with you if you want and sells for about $80-100 on the ship, the wine is worth about $30 to buy on board. Keep your three bottles and buy a bottle of wine if you wish.