Conquest: To upgrade or not?

I guess that I just had a call from the upgrade fairy. We are sailing in a couple of weeks on the Conquest. Currently we are in a cabin on the lido deck which I thought might be a good location. The upgrade was for an ocean suite on deck 7 for $525 total more. Has anyone stayed on the lido deck before? How did you like it? It is just DH and me on this cruise. I have no clue what to do! Any thoughts? Cabins 7273, 2749, and 7238 were a few of the options for the new cabin.

I have never been on the Conquest.

Also, I have never stayed in a suite.

However, we ALWAYS book Lido Deck balconies, and they ROCK:D:D

So convenient to EVERYTHING.

Very quiet, as the only people in that hallway, are guests with cabins there.

I would stay with Lido and save the $525 for something else.

Good Luck!!!!

It's probably a moot point by now. If you don't take the upgrade at the time of the call, then they move on to the next target. Upgrades sell out fairly quickly, especially suites. Would be surprised if still available.

I just got the same call for our July 6th Liberty sailing. We are already in a balcony and got offered to move to an Ocean Suite for $375 total for the 3 of us. Still not sure if that is even worth it.

My husband and I are taking our first cruise on Carnival July 6th. Eastern Caribbean. I am quite confused! We are flying into Fort Lauderdale to leave out of port of Miami??? Travel agent's suggestion. We will be on the Conquest, deck 6. If anyone can give any suggestions or tips they will be greatly appreciated. This will be a much needed vacation, I have not planned any excursions, any suggestions?

We were in cabin 9270 on the lido deck of the Conquest in May of this year. That cabin is directly across from the laundry room. There was some noise from the laundry machines (not bad but noticeable.) The loudest noise was from the lobby. Again, not bad, but louder than we expected it to be. If that was the only cabin left on Lido deck, I'd definitely book it again, but would pick something a few doors either farther forward or backward (to be farther away from the doors near the lobby/atrium area.)

I wouldn't pay more to be upgraded... Use that money for something fun! ;-)

We loved being on the lido deck of the Freedom which is the same deck plan. We booked a guarantee balcony and got EXTREMELY lucky. We LOVED that cabin, so convenient to everything. There is no way I'd pay that much to upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by jetta8300

My husband and I are taking our first cruise on Carnival July 6th. Eastern Caribbean. I am quite confused! We are flying into Fort Lauderdale to leave out of port of Miami??? Travel agent's suggestion. We will be on the Conquest, deck 6. If anyone can give any suggestions or tips they will be greatly appreciated. This will be a much needed vacation, I have not planned any excursions, any suggestions?

Miami and Ft. Lauderdale are only 30 minutes apart. I suggest you start a new thread with your specific questions.

I would stay with my Lido deck cabin. On the Conquest, they are terrific. Very convenient and actually quieter than you'd think. Suites are wonderful, but I'd rather use the money for excursions, drinks and shopping.

Edited by pungo3

We stayed on Lido deck on inside cabins a couple of times. Would rather be on Lido deck as it's close to food. We often carry back some desert or salad to the room to eat while we take time to clean our dive/snorkel gears.

Not having to take elevator or stairs, is a big plus.

Edited by Middleager