Tell me about the lounge for Platinum in Tampa

Herby

No lounge. It was really not very organized or managed the four times we have sailed out of Tampa. Anybody can sit in a very large area that is supposedly intended to house the Platinum and FFTF. This area was just a portion of the same big area where everyone sat and it was not well marked at all. It is near where the embarkation lines were set up to start so people (not platinum or FTTF) just kept crowding into the area and standing around there, even though they were told repeatedly to have a seat. It was a free-for-all with people ducking under the ropes to get in front of the people who lined up as instructed once boarding began. Numbers were NOT checked. There was also no separate platinum security line. They do have an "office" where you go to get checked in but that is about all that makes it any different from a first-time cruiser. It is my least favorite port for embarkation in FL. However, that said, offsite parking options in Tampa are good, unlike Miami or Port Canaveral.

Edited by zonabelle
grammer correction

No lounge. It was really not very organized or managed the four times we have sailed out of Tampa. Anybody can sit in a very large area that is supposedly intended to house the Platinum and FFTF. This area was just a portion of the same big area where everyone sat and it was not well marked at all. It is near where the embarkation lines were set up to start so people (not platinum or FTTF) just kept crowding into the area and standing around there, even though they were told repeatedly to have a seat. It was a free-for-all with people ducking under the ropes to get in front of the people who lined up as instructed once boarding began. Numbers were NOT checked. There was also no separate platinum security line. They do have an "office" where you go to get checked in but that is about all that makes it any different from a first-time cruiser. It is my least favorite port for embarkation in FL. However, that said, offsite parking options in Tampa are good, unlike Miami or Port Canaveral.

hmmm that doesn't sound good!

It was rough last month, especially boarding. The report above is exactly right. It was a mob scene with no controlled route. Additionally, we found the staff in the check in lounge were not very warm. First time, ever, we received no "welcome back." Our daughter, on the other hand, checking in at the regular counter, had a very friendly gentleman and good experience (her report). She boarded later, zone 4, I believe, and it was much easier. Should have gone with her to regular check in.

Love the Valet Parking service there, but it's a bit pricey. They are all business and don't like to slow down when you pull up, so be ready! I always have documents and tips in hand. They will ask for the tip, if you hesitate!

Cruised out of Tampa 14 times, exactly correct, while you are seated and waited everyone is very nice, once they call that 1st group, it's like feeding time at the zoo.

Cruised out of Tampa 14 times, exactly correct, while you are seated and waited everyone is very nice, once they call that 1st group, it's like feeding time at the zoo.

I could not have said it better myself