NCL Dawn

cruz_momma

We are looking into a cruise on the Dawn with our 4 years old twins. We (my DH and I) have only cruised NCL once on the Jewel and absolutely loved it. However I have been reading reviews on the Dawn and I'm not impressed. The kids splash pad looks really fun but we are looking at dates in Dec and it will be too cold for them to enjoy that.

Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Love this size/class ship from NCL. I'll be on the Dawn in a few weeks but from past experience I think you'd be fine. Reading reviews is fine but don't take them too seriouslly. Read the best and read the worst reviews, the reality is somewhere in-between and is influenced by your attitude. :)

The kids splash pad looks really fun but we are looking at dates in Dec and it will be too cold for them to enjoy that.

Not sure why you think it would be too cold to enjoy the pool in December? I've done Caribbean cruises November, December and January and never found it too cold to use the pool. The kids splash pool will be warmer than the larger pool simply because it is much shallower.

:confused:

Ummmmm. You'll be in the Caribbean.

We sure will be in the Caribbean but for some reason the water on the ships are freezing cold. We were on the Magic last April and water works was freezing, my girls trembled the entire time they were playing. Also on NCL Jewel last October and the water was way too cold to get in the pools. DH and I went down the water slide once and it was very cold.

However, in Oct, the water in the beaches were perfectly fine. We went in the water in every port and was not cold at all.