Movies in Alaska

mrstmaxx

Taking our first Alaska cruise in September. Will be on the Star. Very excited. We know if will be very cold at night so am wondering if they show movies only on MUTS or do they sometimes use the theater. On our Caribbean cruise last year on the Ruby they did show a couple of movies in the theater in the evening. Also, can you get more than one of the blankets? We were on the Sapphire on her last trip before she left for Asia and it was like pulling teeth to get more than one of the blankets. Thanks for any info.

We were on the Star in 2012 when it went out of Seattle to Alaska. They would have movies outside in the evening starting anywhere from 7:30-10pm. Sometimes two showings. But they would also have ones showing in the afternoon in the Vista lounge and sometimes in the Princess theatre. But it wasn't every night; the schedules varied from day to day. There were more selections on sea days.

I don't know about the Star specifically, but on our recent Golden cruise they showed movies in the Princess Theater on a couple of afternoons (most evenings were the standard production shows, comedian, etc.). They did also have movies on MUTS but we were not interested in bundling up to watch a movie so I'm not sure how easy it is to get extra blankets.

We were on the Star Princess in May 2014. The movie schedules varied from day to day.

There were MUTS movies most afternoons and evenings. They did not show MUTS movies when the ship in in port. There were no blankets during the afternoons, but in the evenings they were generous with the blankets.

Usually there is an afternoon movie in the Princess Theater.

We were on the Star in May to Alaska and could get blankets in the evening. DH watched MUTS, I'm not much of a movie goer. No popcorn after the second night due to the norovirus. Don't know what that had to do with the norovirus. DH brought 2 blankets back to the cabin and we used them when we sat out on our deck. He did go to a movie in the theater but he left 1/4 into it - said it was a stupid movie. :rolleyes:

Hey! Never thought of bringing blankets back to use on the balcony or the other movie venues during the cruise! Thanks! Great idea. Will do in Aug on the Coral!

The problem with this is that if a lot of people keep blankets, then they run out on deck. They only have so many blankets, and they need to launder them after use, so there are times when they totally run out. I've been to MUTS at night were they were handing out TOWELS to use instead of blankets because they had run out of clean ones. Maybe Princess needs to get more blankets, and put a couple in each balcony room, but until they do that, don't be a blanket hog. :D

The problem with this is that if a lot of people keep blankets, then they run out on deck. They only have so many blankets, and they need to launder them after use, so there are times when they totally run out. I've been to MUTS at night were they were handing out TOWELS to use instead of blankets because they had run out of clean ones. Maybe Princess needs to get more blankets, and put a couple in each balcony room, but until they do that, don't be a blanket hog. :D

I will ask the deck stewards if it is OK. Don't imagine there is a crowd looking at movies at night in Alaska not like there would be in the Caribbean! I'll go by what they suggest.

Hey! Never thought of bringing blankets back to use on the balcony or the other movie venues during the cruise! Thanks! Great idea. Will do in Aug on the Coral!

On the Coral they were taking room numbers as they handed out blankets but there was no check at the end of the first segment as we keep ours in the room for the next trip. Some nights they would hand them out individually & other nights there was no one at the desk & people were helping themselves to as many as they wanted.

On the Coral they were taking room numbers as they handed out blankets but there was no check at the end of the first segment as we keep ours in the room for the next trip. Some nights they would hand them out individually & other nights there was no one at the desk & people were helping themselves to as many as they wanted.

We just need 2!! Now that we are "older" the cold and wind is difficult to handle! The sjip