SNUBA in GC

Ok,

background - I was in Sydney last March and decided to try SCUBA diving......well multiple factors hindered my experience causing me to have anxiety and get out of the water. I had made it under 4 times at a max depth of 12 feet but the way the company was instructing freaked me out, I was getting kicked in the head, and the misses above me had a full blown anxiety attack which ended up with her being heli lifted off the reef to the hospital in Sydney. So needless to say I was dissappointed in myself for not finding my zen and calming myself down enough to go ahead and finnish a dive.......At the end they awarded me with a certificate that said that i had "almost" completed my dive.

Anyways long blown out story short, I am dissappointed and want to try again..........so i figured that i would try the SNUBA on my upcoming cruise to GC. Has anyone else done this excursion?

Hopefully I can complete this one with out loosing my mind.

I did the Snuba in Grand Cayman 2 years ago. It was so amazing!! The only time i had ever tried scuba dive, was in Dominican Republic about 10 years ago and i panic just in the pool while practicing. I hated the mask, couldn't figure out how to take away the fog without enhaling water, so i just got out of the pool.

The snuba on the other hand was a lot less stressful. Knowing i had a full helmet was reassuring (but this thing sure is heavy until you get in the water!!). I was still a bit stressed, but the way it works is that you go to a platform, and you go down a ladder (at your own pace) until you reach the bottom of the ocean. I stopped a few times while going down the ladder just to make my ears "pop", but other than that, it was fine, and surely one of the best excursion i've done while cruising.

Have fun!!

I did the Snuba in Grand Cayman 2 years ago. It was so amazing!! The only time i had ever tried scuba dive, was in Dominican Republic about 10 years ago and i panic just in the pool while practicing. I hated the mask, couldn't figure out how to take away the fog without enhaling water, so i just got out of the pool.

The snuba on the other hand was a lot less stressful. Knowing i had a full helmet was reassuring (but this thing sure is heavy until you get in the water!!). I was still a bit stressed, but the way it works is that you go to a platform, and you go down a ladder (at your own pace) until you reach the bottom of the ocean. I stopped a few times while going down the ladder just to make my ears "pop", but other than that, it was fine, and surely one of the best excursion i've done while cruising.

Have fun!!

I think you did SeaTREK or something very similar, not SNUBA. SNUBA has no helmet. It is just a mask and a breathing line that goes up to an oxygen tank which floats on the surface above you.

I think you did SeaTREK or something very similar, not SNUBA. SNUBA has no helmet. It is just a mask and a breathing line that goes up to an oxygen tank which floats on the surface above you.

Oops, you're right, sorry OP, it was Seatrek