question about Hyatt Regency downtown Miami

trenz

Just got this on Priceline. When checking my reservation on the Hyatt website it says : Balcony:Biscayne Bay or Downtown View

Should I request either view in particular? Can you see the ships with the Bay view?

Thanks

we stayed at this motel march prior to our Carnival Victory cruise, I actually dont think you can see the ships from any place in this motel, we were on floor 15, This motel is nice but carrie your earplugs very noisey, and if your staying there sat night not alot of places to eat breakfast but the motel and the motel is very expensive,you will enjoy the people mover that runs right through the garage of the motel and you can take it to bayside. have a great day James

We are staying on a Thurs night. Our flight lands in Miami at 9:18 pm. I guess we probably won't get to the hotel until at least 10:30,and 11:00 by the time we check in and drop off our bags. I am sure we will be hungry and looking for some dinner.I thought I read here that it is not that safe to walk this area at night unless we are in a group, and there is only 2 of us. I would assume there are restaurants at Bayside that are open late enough for us to grab dinner, but is this people mover you mentioned a safe way to get there?

If you think there will be nothing open that late, or it would not be safe, would you recommend room service or grabbing a quick bite at the airport before heading to the hotel?

Also, you mentioned the noise. Not sure where it comes from, but would either the bay view or the downtown view be a better side of the building to avoid the noise. I don't care about the view now.

I convinced my girlfriend to stay 1 night pre-cruise so we can be relaxed for cruise day,and if she is up all night I'm in trouble :(

Thanks so much for your help

Bayside closes at 10pm on Thursday nights, and there's no place else around there to eat that's open that late so I think you're going to be dining in the hotel or ordering room service.

MetroMover is a quicker/easier way to get to Bayside, but still not something I would recommend at night unless you're in a group.

I suppose it can be considered noisy if you're not used to living in a very busy area of a major city. There's a freeway onramp on the north side of the hotel, a busy street on the east side, a drawbridge on the SE side, and the Miami River on the south side.

Well, I guess my dinner plans are set and with these two quotes I found on Tripadvisor I guess my room request is set, assuming the second quote refers to the side facing the bay.

When I checked in I mentioned having read the reviews about noise problems. I was given a room on the 19th floor with a "city view". It was very quiet on that side.

and

I agree with the other postings to bring your earplugs if you can't sleep through noise (namely a loud buzzing drawbridge that sounds like an alarm clock!)

Again, thanks for the help

The decking of the drawbridge is steel grating that's noisy as the cars drive across it so I suppose that's what bothers people who aren't used to living in a noisy city. Get a room on any side other than the SE side and you should be fine then.

Archived