Carnival Clue game

Was reading on here a recent Fun Times for Liberty someone posted and noticed the Clue game on there. I dont recall this being on my cruise last summer (maybe I missed it). I sail on Liberty in 30 days so I am assuming it will still be on there. Can someone tell me about the game and what you have to do to figure out the murderer?

On the first sea day there was a "show" in the theater that described the "murder." Suspects were named and they each gave their alibis. Then you had to attend certain events (like the captain's welcome aboard party) throughout the week to get further clues. You also had to solve an anagram in the Fun Times each day. Then on the second to last day of the cruise you turned in your guess as to who the murderer was and which weapon was used. The winner was announced to the entire ship and presumably won some prizes.

We attended the initial meeting, which was very entertaining, but decided not to participate because we didn't want to be locked into attending things we may not have really wanted to do. So, I don't know much more than what I wrote above. Maybe someone who participated can chime in here. It did look like a fun game, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Josh "Big Sexy" Waitzman does the murder mystery game on his ships and I think a few of the other CDs do as well. Unfortunately, special things like that are up to the discretion of the cruise director.

Basically, there's an introductory show where a suspect (crew member) is "murdered" and the suspects (other entertainment crew members) and "weapons" (not guns or knives, obviously) are presented. You then have to track down the suspects throughout the cruise for verbal clues and solve a few cryptography puzzles that are in the FunTimes. If you like games like Clue it is a lot of fun.

They announce the murderer/weapon and winner on the last morning show (if there is one) and they win something like a Ship on a Stick or whatever they have available.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Was reading on here a recent Fun Times for Liberty someone posted and noticed the Clue game on there. I dont recall this being on my cruise last summer (maybe I missed it). I sail on Liberty in 30 days so I am assuming it will still be on there. Can someone tell me about the game and what you have to do to figure out the murderer?

Hey babyclaytonmom,

We are on your cruise as well and DH was looking at that yesterday and thought it might be fun. We like murder mystery things and clue so we might try to catch it also. But like someone else posted here not sure we want to be tied down to attending some things we may not have also.

But we'll see!:p

Hopefully we see you at the M&G

Sharon

Hey babyclaytonmom,

We are on your cruise as well and DH was looking at that yesterday and thought it might be fun. We like murder mystery things and clue so we might try to catch it also. But like someone else posted here not sure we want to be tied down to attending some things we may not have also.

But we'll see!:p

Hopefully we see you at the M&G

Sharon

Hi Sharon!

I agree about the tied down thing but we could still make a guess even if we didnt have every single clue. Think we'll do it anyways. Surely we'll bump into some of the suspects. Excited about it since I feel like its the same activities on every cruise. This is a new one to us. Guess the other 14 Carnival cruises didnt have it or I just missed it. See you at the M&G!