Flying to Venice from birmingham

samjane92

Hello,

How much airport shopping do they let you take on? Worried about the hand luggage weight allowance 5kg isn't much but neither is 20kg for two weeks in the med!! 4 girls need a lot of toiletries!

Also if the flight leaves at 6.15am what time will we likely get on board?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hello,

How much airport shopping do they let you take on? Worried about the hand luggage weight allowance 5kg isn't much but neither is 20kg for two weeks in the med!! 4 girls need a lot of toiletries!

shop after you get through airport security and stuff your flight bags!

Around 10am

When we flew last with another company we were told some airlines let you take 1 shopping bag on, others you had to fit it in your hand luggage. Cant seem to find thomsons policy. When does the hand luggage get weighed?

Don't really know about B'ham. But from Leeds Bradford, the time from pushback in the UK to doors open in Venice is just under three hours. That includes taxiing, queuing for take off, actual flying time, landing & taxiing at Venice, struggling to attach the stairway, etc, etc. From B'ham it might be 15/20 minutes or so less; two and a half to two and three-quarter hours. Plus an hour for the time change, so you'll probably be off the plane at about 10'ish in Venice, local time, or just before. Then perhaps an hour to be gathered by the reps at the airport, embussed, driven to the cruise terminal, debussed and processed there - you might be getting on board at 11ish or a bit after. Can't see it being any sooner than 11, anyway.

When we flew last with another company we were told some airlines let you take 1 shopping bag on, others you had to fit it in your hand luggage. Cant seem to find thomsons policy. When does the hand luggage get weighed?

Never had my hand luggage weighed or checked for size on a Thomson flight. Their web page says any items bought at the airport must fit inside the 1 piece of carry on baggage.