Need help corrdinating plan for doing 3 things in 1 day

Sizzlechest

I'll be in Bermuda with my wife and child in July. Our ship will be at the Dockyards. I wanted to do the following on the first day we doc at Bermuda:

1. See the caves (don't know which one would be better, Crystal or Fantasy)
  2. Go to the Aquarium / Zoo
  3. Go to Hamilton for Harbor Nights.

I'd like to be back on the ship by 8:30-9:00 PM. Is it doable? What's the best route? I'm assuming I should take the ferry to Hamilton, then take a bus to the caves? Can someone give me a list of steps to get there and back?

Hi,

You are on the good way...

- Ferry from Dockyard to Hamilton ( 15 minutes )

- Bus #1 or #3 transit between Hamilton and St-George via the Caves. ( 30 minutes )

- Explore Caves ( 30 minutes for one cave and 75 min. for both )

- Walk back to the Swizzle Inn and take bus #10 or #11 to the BAMZ ( 10 minutes )

- Explore BAMZ ( about 2 hours )

- Bus #10 or #11 to Hamilton ( 15 minutes )

;) Disclaimer: All times are approximate and if you get lost...well the island is not THAT big ;)

Voila !

Edited by sebas030

If you start your day early in the morning you will surely arrive at the caves before the shore ex groups and other tourist group from Hotels and all... That is a good thing because they offer tours every 20 minutes but if there are buses before you, you could have to wait up to an hour before your group can go down.

BUT if you start early ( 9am ) you will be done with both the Caves and BAMZ at 2 o'clock... Harbor Nights starts at 7pm...so what do you do ??

You could take a ferry back to the ship, freshen up a little, enjoy early dinner and grab a ferry back to Hamilton just before the Harbor Nights.

And even if you start your day later, since both the Caves and BAMZ closes at 5pm, you will be "stuck" with down time before the Fair. Of course you could have dinner in Hamilton before the fair also.

If it were me, I would start my day early around 9:30, go to the caves and since I would be right a the doorstep of the Swizzle Inn...well I would indulge in an early lunch and drinks...no body would judge me there :p, then go to BAMZ and back to Hamilton by bus. I would go back to the ship to change and relax until early dinner and I would get on the 6:30 ferry back to Hamilton.

Is Crystal Caves beautiful ? Yes

Is it worth 22$ per adult ? well :o I did it twice and I will not go again..at about 1$ per minute in the caves, it is on the expensive side...

Is the Swizzle Inn great ? Yes

Is it overrated ? probably... I really enjoyed the pizza the last time I went but it is still Pub food, are the drinks good ? Yes ... but overpriced for sure.

Is it a must ? well if you are into Pubs and drinks at home... then going in Bermuda is a must :p

Thank you both! Going early, going back to the ship, having dinner, then taking the ferry at night makes good sense. Is there a good guide to Harbor Nights? What parts are go to go, etc?

HAHAHA...you say "thank you BOTH"...I am the only poster but with 2 replies ;)

Harbor Nights is not THAT huge...it is only on the Front street and only a few blocks long.

It is a nice street fair but not a HUGE event. Many small kiosk with food, lots of kiosk with handmade souvenirs and a center stage with live entertainment.

The vibe is great, music, lights, etc...

It is worth going...once :(

You really do not need a plan for the fair.

Have fun !

The Caves are actually closer to St. George.

What you could actually do is take the ferry to St. George and then take a bus back to the caves.

You would have a longer ferry ride but a shorter bus ride.

In my personal opinion the ferry is much more comfortable than the bus and that is the route that I would take.

That also sounds like a good option. How does this sound?

• Ferry from Dockyard to St. George ( 45 minutes )
  • Bus #1 or #3 transit between St-George and Hamilton to the Caves. ( ?? minutes )
  • Explore Caves ( 30 minutes for one cave and 75 min. for both )
  • Walk back to the Swizzle Inn and take bus #10 or #11 to the BAMZ ( 10 minutes )
  • Explore BAMZ ( about 2 hours )
  • Bus #10 or #11 to Hamilton ( 15 minutes )
  • Ferry from Hamilton back to Dockyards ( ?? minutes )

The Caves are actually closer to St. George.

What you could actually do is take the ferry to St. George and then take a bus back to the caves.

You would have a longer ferry ride but a shorter bus ride.

In my personal opinion the ferry is much more comfortable than the bus and that is the route that I would take.

Only downside is that the first Ferry to St. George is much later, and by doing Ferry to Hamilton and then bus out to the caves, you can beat the shorex groups.

Only downside is that the first Ferry to St. George is much later, and by doing Ferry to Hamilton and then bus out to the caves, you can beat the shorex groups.

Yes, the first ferry on the orange line isn't until 9:30 AM. That may not be an issue, because the idea of my wife getting up, dressed, have breakfast, leave the ship, buy the transit pass, and be at the dock by 9:30 AM to catch the ferry will be a miracle in of itself.

That also sounds like a good option. How does this sound?

• Ferry from Dockyard to St. George ( 45 minutes )
  • Bus #1 or #3 transit between St-George and Hamilton to the Caves. ( ?? minutes )
  • Explore Caves ( 30 minutes for one cave and 75 min. for both )
  • Walk back to the Swizzle Inn and take bus #10 or #11 to the BAMZ ( 10 minutes )
  • Explore BAMZ ( about 2 hours )
  • Bus #10 or #11 to Hamilton ( 15 minutes )
  • Ferry from Hamilton back to Dockyards ( ?? minutes )

The bus from St-George to the Caves is 20 minutes

The ferry from Hamilton to Dockyard is 20 minutes also

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app