Departure port in Seattle

psramsey

This is our first trip to Alaska.

We'll be on The Amsterdam leaving from Seattle. Can anyone tell me which port we cruise from? Best hotel near by? Distance from the Airport?

Any info will be helpful!

Thanks so much!

Diamond1

We leave on the 27th and our travel docs state that we depart from terminal 30. I have no suggestions as to hotels or airport distance, as we are arriving by car, though I am sure there are others here who can help.

6/27 Amsterdam Alaska

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;6;27;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Amsterdam does indeed leave from Terminal 30 which is in and industrial area South of downtown. Amsterdam will be docked at the South berth of Terminal 30 right behind the Sapphire Princess which will be at the North berth. There is really nothing within walking distance of Terminal 30 (hotels, restraunts, convenience stores). I would stay downtown and take a cab or shuttle to the ship in the morning. If you stay near the airport (I wouldn't recommend it), figure on a 20 minute cab/shuttle ride to the ship.

Have a great cruise, I will be leaving on the Sapphire Princess the same day.

Future Cruises:

- 6/27/04 Sapphire Princess

- 12/12/04 Oosterdam

I can recommend the downtown Westin Hotel and McCormick & Schmick's restaurants.

Book for a few days pre or post cruise and enjoy a wonderful city. Definitely visit the Pure Food Fish Market in Pike's Place and see the "flying fish".

Seattle is a great town. Enjoy it.

1957-USS General A.E. Anderson, Tokyo to San Francisco; 1999-Norwegian Sea, W. Carib; 1999-RVI, Europe; 2000-Mercury, W. Carib; 2000-Volendam, S. Carib; 2001-Viking Star, Danube River; 2001-Veendam, E. Carib; 2002 B2B- Veendam, Alaska; 2003 B2B-Zuiderdam, W/E Carib; Mar 2004-Maasdam, E Carib; 26 Nov 2005 Veendam, S Carib

Definitely stay downtown rather than at the airport. There are a lot of great hotels - smaller boutique hotels like the Inn at the Market and the Alexis; medium size: the Monaco and Renaissance, Fairmont and then the larger: W, Westin, Sheraton and Hyatt. There are wonderful restaurants for every taste: Oceanaire, the Brooklyn, Metropolitan Grill, McCormicks all have wonderful seafood and for something different and luscious, try the Wild Ginger. Enjoy and have a great cruise.

camachinst, you can certainly walk from the Marriott Waterfront to the Bell street Pier (Pier 66). However, only NCL and Celebrity use Pier 66. If you are on Princess or HAL you will need to find transportation to Terminal 30.

Future Cruises:

- 6/27/04 Sapphire Princess

- 12/12/04 Oosterdam

camachinst,

Pier 66 is very close to the Marriott Waterfront Hotel - I remember seeing it out

my hotel window!

Also, have the concierge arrange for a town car to transport you to the port. They use Capitol Black Car service - and it is excellent. It's only about $8 or $10 (similar to taxi fare). You can arrange for them to pick you up after your cruise also. Just give them an approximate time - then call them when you have exited the terminal.

~~The best days are SEA Days ~~

Thanks for the tips....yes, we'll be sailing Princess (a couple of repositions) and the pier map made the transit painfully obvious.

We're going to be at the Waterfront next weekend so I'll talk to the concierge about the arrangements mentioned. BTW, do you book the water view or were you upgraded? If latter, what elite level are you (if any)? I'm trying to get a feel for the property's upgrade policy.

Pat

We like to stay at the Best Western Pioneer Square which is a renovated, very charming hotel close to the water, Chinatown, and Pikes Market. Prices are fairly good too. Also it is more south and closer to pier 30, albeit probably not walking distance.

Archived