Anyone in Malaga 16 to 23 August?

campolady

If you are docking in Malaga any date between 16 and 23 August you are in for a real treat!

This is the period of the annual Malaga Feria when the whole city is in festival mood.

Don't forget your cameras.

See more details here http://www.andalucia.com/festival/malaga-feria.htm

Edited by campolady

• 2 weeks later...

Campolady,

We arrive in Malaga on Sept 19th (cruise stop) and are taking a bike tour with Malaga Bike Tours in the morning.

What would be the easiest way to get from the pier to the Plaza de la Marina, next to the main tourist office?

I apologize if I have asked my question in the wrong area.

Thank you

Campolady,

We arrive in Malaga on Sept 19th (cruise stop) and are taking a bike tour with Malaga Bike Tours in the morning.

What would be the easiest way to get from the pier to the Plaza de la Marina, next to the main tourist office?

I apologize if I have asked my question in the wrong area.

Thank you

There is a little ´train´ that goes from the cruise terminal (which will be right by your ship) to the main Port entrance - think the fare is 3€. At the main entrance just cross the road and follow the directions on this link (very short walk) http://www.visitcostadelsol.com/municipalities/tourist-offices/malaga-tourist-office-plaza-de-la-marina-p19571.

Alternatively you can walk to the Port entrance through the new, very nice ´Muelle Uno´(Pier One) shops and restaurants development. This is 1.5 kilometers and will take about 20-25 minutes.

You may also find that your cruiseline offers a regular shuttle transfer from the boat to the ferry terminal which is just inside the Port entrance; there is a very good Tapas Bar/Restaurant in the ferry terminal if you fancy a drink or excellent value 3 course ´Menu del Dia´lunch with the port workforce and other locals before returning to the ship.

Edited by campolady