Paperwork????

elaine61

Well I have to say I've never had to wait so long for any pre cruise literature before. It is 6 weeks on Tuesday until we embark QM2 and still no paperwork!! I have downloaded the guest registration form but I am unsure if I need to fill out a seperate one for each voyage number. Awaiting a reply from Cunard!! Also if I didn't have access to the internet when would I actually receive these forms??? On the forms it states that they will appreciate receipt of the guest registration form at least six weeks prior to sailing!!!! So imagine that I don't have access to a computer and I am still awaiting my paperwork from Cunard. Well unless a miracle happens Monday or Tuesday they won't be getting it six weeks before and not through any fault of my own. Are they usually this unorganised???? I would have had shore excursion brochure and pre cruise literature from P & O approx 10-12 weeks before departure.

Elaine

We got final documents 2 weeks prior to sailing and it seems that this has been normal since they changed to a new computer system. We did not get preliminary documents until we requested them and they came a week prior to sailing and there wasn't much info in them other than the forms that were supposed to be filled weeks prior to receipt. As with others, we downloaded the form and sent them in when we heard about the paperwork delays.

To download your guest registration form, go the the main page at Cunard.com and hit the prompt for Voyage Planner. Once the page comes up to the left there are series of prompts the last of which is for guest forms.

Hit the guest form prompt and download the guest registration form.

CQ6

Oh Dear! First of all keep cool! Yes they are usually like this. I went on the World Cruise this year on QE2 and was suposed to get all the paperwork at least 6 week prior departure, but they never arrived. I never got them. They gave me 1001 excuses (the office in Miami burnt down and the paperwork was gone was the worst excuse i ever heard), however, I got to Southampton on embrakation day and everything was fine, they told me there are no tickets needed, it was all in their computer. I just needed to show my passport, credit card and.... i think that was it.

Many thanks CQ6 for the info for downloading the guest registration forms.I was looking on the UK site where they are not available.

Grace W.

Grace

They are available on the co.uk site.

Go to how to book, then scroll down to after you book. You will see guest registration form highlighted. Not sure if the forms are the same as the .com site or not!! I have managed to copy and paste the info into a word document so I can type everything in!! I just hope they accept the way it's set out!!

Elaine

Here is what Cunard state on their UK website!! I haven't seen a shore excursion brochure yet!! Not worried about the tickets. I'll get the T/A to chase them!! I'm just concerned that not everyone has access to a computer and will be awaiting this form!!!!!!!!

Here’s what happens after you’ve made your reservation.

• Once we receive your deposit, we’ll send you a confirmation detailing the amount received, the balance outstanding and the due date for payment in full.

• About 90 days before you sail, we’ll send you a shore excursions brochure together with an information pack telling you all you need to know about your holiday, including flight details where applicable.

• At the same time you’ll receive a guest registration form which you must complete and return. The form carries mandatory information required by immigration authorities. Final documents will not be released until this form has been recieved.

• About 2- 3 weeks before your departure date you’ll receive the tickets for your cruise – and for your flights, if applicable.

Hi, again, Elaine

We received our excursion booklet about 4 weeks ago and our "tickets" two weeks ago. Which means 6 and 4 weeks prior to departure. There was no guest registration document in the tickets as they won't release the tickets till they have the registration form. Your TA should have given you the registration document.

We have only 4 more sleeps before we leave for Singapore and the UK and only 8 more sleeps before we set sail.

Now, let me tell you how excited I am .....!

Hi, again, Elaine

We received our excursion booklet about 4 weeks ago and our "tickets" two weeks ago. Which means 6 and 4 weeks prior to departure. There was no guest registration document in the tickets as they won't release the tickets till they have the registration form. Your TA should have given you the registration document.

We have only 4 more sleeps before we leave for Singapore and the UK and only 8 more sleeps before we set sail.

Now, let me tell you how excited I am .....!

Thanks Zipper

Well it's 6 weeks on Tuesday until we go, so I will await the postman all this week then!!!! Poor guy will get lynched everytime he walks up the driveway!!! I have managed to download the registration forms and have copied them into a word document. I have not been contacted by my TA but I suspect that a lot of the info required on this form she has already given them, like passport details, date of birth, table preferences etc.

I wish my more sleeps were closer to yours. We must have about 44 sleeps left!!!!!!! Oh well they'll soon roll by!!

Have a safe trip over here to the UK and enjoy your time on board QM2.

I am presuming it's QM2 you are on and not QE2??

Elaine

Elaine,I did find the guest registration forms on the UK site,but only thanks to you,it certainly wasn't obvious where to find them.

Grace.

Nope it isnt' at all obvious!!! I had to find out from customer services!!

My husband managed to paste it into a word document so I could type everything in (escpecially as I think I have to fill a seperate one in for each leg). It's just text no boxes. It's the same kind of layout just not in boxes. I'm hoping that they will get in touch with me soon to see how they want me to send it. I could send it as an attachment via e mail if they will let me. A lot easier than the royal mail!!!!! And I can track that it has been received!!!!!

Elaine

Elaine and GraceW,

It won't be long now until you are ready to go! Actually, I have my suitcase partly packed, just to see what will fit.

Thanks so much for the heads-up re the Guest Registration forms, I went to the web site and downloaded. Will probably fax it to them.

I am also interested in the DHL mailing service. Do either of you have information about this type of luggage mailing? I think they are the company that Cunard/White Star uses. Sure would be nice not to have luggage to lug around, even though we tend to travel light.

GraceC

Hello Grace C,

Have you looked at the Luggage Storage and Transport to Port thread,it might have the answers you are looking for.I haven't given packing a thought as yet,too busy catching up on all the household chores plus the garden after having my daughter and her baby visit.

Hello Elaine,

Are you all ready and packed?I received my confirmation regarding parking at Southampton today,I wish everything was so easy to organise.I still haven't booked a taxi to take me to Heathrow but I am sure I have plenty of time to sort that out.

Grace W.

Hi Grace C & Grace W

Well I've been away for a couple of days. Went to my great Aunt's funeral in Scarborough!! Grace W has probably heard of Scarborough. Well it was wet and cold. That's the North East coast for you!! Still it was nice to catch up with family who we don't see that often. It took us nearly 5 hours to get to Scarborough from where I live. Glad I didn't go up and come back all in the same journey!! We stayed in a hotel just on the outskirts of York. Been to the McArthur Glen designer village before coming home today. Got myself a bargain Burberry dress to wear over my swimming costume on our Xmas cruise to the caribbean. As for any packing, not done a thing. Have e mailed my forms to Cunard who inform me that they have been passed on to the relevant department. I shall keep the confirmation e mails in my inbox just in case I have any problems with no tickets turning up. Still no sign of pre cruise literature. I feel that Cunard are very poor in this department. We would have had shore excursion info and on board info from P & O some weeks ago!! I have discovered that there is the Southampton boat show on the date we go down to Southampton. So I have decided to go down the day before and have booked us into a hotel (most hotels are full and I have had a problem getting a room, because of the boat show). I decided to go down the day before because the traffic may well be horrendous!! We are staying in a hotel just off the M27 about 20 mins drive from the docks. Stayed there last summer. Will drop hubby and daughter off for work and then my son and I will drive the 2 cars down to Southampton and hubby and daughter can get a train from London and we shall pick them up from Southampton!! But Grace C still not done any packing!!!!! Not even thought about it yet (well I have had my daughters dresses dry cleaned but that's about it)!!

Elaine

Hello Elaine,

Sorry to hear about your great Aunt.

Have you got Cunards email address as we want to send our guest registration forms,and I can't find it anywhere.

What can we expect regarding traffic in Southampton due to the boat show?I have decided to stay with my daughter in Dorchester the night before,I think we have about an hours drive from there to Southampton.

Not long to go now,how is your packing going?I haven't even thought about mine.

Does anyone have the email address for Cunard US ?I have decided to send my guest registration forms to the UK and the US just in case there is a problem as I used an American TA to book my cruise.

Thank you for your help.

Grace.

A little off the topic but what boat show in Southampton? My husbands ears perked up to that. Can't get enough of the sea! We are on the Sept 20th crossing.

As for the paperwork, I got an e-mail fron Cunard the other day (US) but we had already sent our registration in over a month ago. We weren't able to e-mail the form. Either fax or over the phone.

Mayber we can all meet up on the ship.

Pat

Hello Pat,

Thank you for your response.If you follow this thread,Elaine has emailed her forms to Cunard and I thought I would do the same but can't find their email address.I might just have to fax them.

Elaine will be on the 20th September crossing but that is the day we leave our car at the port in Southampton and make our way to Heathrow for a flight the next day to New York.On 26th Sept we join the QM2 in New York for the Canada/New England cruise and remain on the ship for the 8th Oct crossing to Southampton.

Pat will you still be on the ship any of these dates?

Elaine told me that Southampton boat show was on Sept 20th and the roads could be busy,so I was just checking how busy in case I need to alter my plans.

Grace.

Hi Grace and Pat

Pat the details of the boat show are available here!!

http://www.southamptonboatshow.com/

Grace I e mailed my guest registration form to UK.Guest@cunard.co.uk

Mind you I got my agent to check whether they had received it on Friday and she could not find out. I am now wondering whether to check up myself on Monday or whether just to fax anyway. My other option was special delivery. I don't trust even recorded delivery. Sent a change of address letter to LFC for hubbies season ticket waiting list and it never made it. Good job it was only a change of address letter.

Pat we are on from the 20th Sept until the 14th Oct. We leave for Southampton 5 weeks tomorrow (Mon). Staying overnight as the traffic around Southampton can be quite bad. As there is the boat show also, it will probably be busy on the M3 and M27!!

Still no sign of any paperwork and so far not impressed with Cunard. I presume that this is normal though, no pre cruise paperwork and no shore excursion brochure. You can't book before boarding anyway, so probably not much point.

Elaine

Grace & Elaine,

Thanks again Elaine! You always come through!

Grace we won't be doing the New England cruise. We are flying to London 9/14 & staying in London until we board on the 20th. I can't believe it is coming so fast now! We were told 2 weeks before we leave, we should get our documents, so hopefully we should get them in 2 weeks. Our package included transfers so we won't be driving in the traffic. I hope our driver gets us a little early. I'd hate to "miss the boat".

Pat

Pat

Well, the pre cruise documents are in the mail...so my TA says. Our crusing buddies got theirs yesterday, so ours should come tomorrow.

This pre cruise booklet is the one that just explains everything....I guess the final documents will arrive later? I'm confused???? (Celebrity does it much simpler...via their web site).

I plan to fax my Guest Registration Form to Cunard, then call my TA, and have her call Cunard to see if they got the form. Lots of hoops to jump through!

Elaine and GraceW....keep the ship in shape while we await boarding! Now I wish we would have gone on the Splendors trip as well. New England is beautiful and I guess Nova Scotia and Canada will be too.

GraceC

(hope you notice my new avatar?)

Just got all our documents this morning just under 6 weeks to go!

Still nothing here and we go 5 weeks tomorrow!! You've just depressed me now!!

Did your paperwork come in the post or via your travel agent???

Elaine

Archived