Your one favorite item at each specialty

rednose83

At home I marinate my pineapple slices (1" thick) in a plastic bag with brown sugar, cinnamon and RUM!

Oh my ... sounds so yummy ... RUM does make everything taste better ... doesn't it :p

And what about the rack of lamb ?

The lamb was definitely listed as one of my favorites ... and I don't even mind paying *extra* to get 2 orders ;)

At home I marinate my pineapple slices (1" thick) in a plastic bag with brown sugar, cinnamon and RUM! Then grill and they are fantastic. :)

This does sound good! I have always dipped the pineapple slices in coconut milk & then in a brown sugar/cinnamon mixture before grilling, I will give the rum a try!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can't believe the mushroom soup at Le Bistro only got one vote! And what about the rack of lamb ?....plus everything everyone else mentioned.....

The mushroom soup was wonderful!

Edited by LrgPizza

I think we may try this as it sounds good. What are the measurements (approx.)?:)

Grilled Pineapple

1/2 - 3/4 Spiced Rum (if regular Rum, add 1 tsp. cinnamon)

2 T. melted butter

1/4 cup brown sugar.

Mix in small sauce pan and heat over low heat until sugar is melted. Pour into a big, sealable plastic bag and add 1 pineapple - peeled and sliced into 1 " slices.

Marinate for 2 or 3 hours.

Grill the pineapple. Put the marinade back into the pan and slowly heat.

To serve: Top pineapple slice with cinnamon ice cream and drizzle some of the rum mix over it.

Enjoy!

Grilled Pineapple

1/2 - 3/4 Spiced Rum (if regular Rum, add 1 tsp. cinnamon)

2 T. melted butter

1/4 cup brown sugar.

Mix in small sauce pan and heat over low heat until sugar is melted. Pour into a big, sealable plastic bag and add 1 pineapple - peeled and sliced into 1 " slices.

Marinate for 2 or 3 hours.

Grill the pineapple. Put the marinade back into the pan and slowly heat.

To serve: Top pineapple slice with cinnamon ice cream and drizzle some of the rum mix over it.

Enjoy!

that's 1/2 - 3/4 cup of Rum! (although I guess you could use 1/2 of a bottle if you want!!).

La Cucina - seared salmon w/ white beans

Le Bistro - lamb and the escargot

Buffet - omelet station (they make a fantastic egg white omelet), pretzel rolls and the crepe station for dessert.

While I enjoy Cagney's Shrimp Cocktail, the steaks and several of the desserts, when they do it right, the Double Lamb Chops are sublime.

NCLCagneyslambchopsmediumrare_zps22031fa9.gif

Chin Chin or any of the Asian fusion eateries have some tasty offerings from Soothing Lettuce Wraps To Silk Road Lamb Curry, but the one thing I always order, even if we are semi-stuffed? The Banana Pancakes(s) with warm caramel sauce and excellent coconut ice cream:

NCLAsianfusionbestdessertbananapancakescaramelsaucecoconuticecream_zps6093b1a4.jpg

I've been disappointed with the lamb, (overcooked), enjoy the salmon pate starter but generally can rely on Le Bistro's Filet. The best thing I've tried at NCL's French venue was on POA, a Wednesday night we were fortunate enough to devour fresh Kona Lobster:

NCLPOAFreshKonaLobsterKailuaKonadayinFrenchrestaurantsupplement_zpsb8630017.jpg

Moderno's has an excellent salad bar, their coconut flan is pretty good and of course the grilled pineapple with carameled brown sugar and cinnamon is a wonderful palate cleanser. The meats are good quality, but nothing tempts me for just one more bite than their succulent baby lamb chops:

0021c5ec-3853-4535-b513-ef9b7d6aa99d_zpse91f0183.jpg

La Cucina gets regularly dissed as an Olive Garden generic type venue, and I would agree you have to chose your items carefully. The Chicken Parm can be dry, the pastas hit or miss. Calamari is a fine app and the bread reliably tasty but for value, flavor and biggest reward, the 14 ounce Florentine Rib Eye wins hands down:

6a19f071-2862-4402-8bcd-4b2f544f10f2_zps91dea1dc.jpg

I'll name an appetizer, entree, and dessert since they are in different categories :p

Le Bistro - Mussels pernot, filet mignon, chocolate fondue

Moderno - By it's nature, it's all about a variety of many good dishes at the salad bar and the meats. Seafood chowder, seafood ceviche, the filet and lamb stand out, (who saves room for dessert?).

Ocean Blue - Steak Tartar (appetizer), Lobster risotto (Getaway), Jonah Crab risotto (Breakaway) or Dover Sole (both), Lobster roll for lunch on sea days, apple crisp and gelato

If NCL is listening......I think it is kind of sad that the overwhelming favorite in Teppanyaki is the fried rice!

Teppanyaki - shrimp and steak

Moderno - the little cheese bread balls

I was just wondering about that, too! Japanese is usually my favorite so we booked it twice on our upcoming cruise. If fried rice is Teppanyak's best menu item, maybe we should rethink that second reservation!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was just wondering about that, too! Japanese is usually my favorite so we booked it twice on our upcoming cruise. If fried rice is Teppanyak's best menu item, maybe we should rethink that second reservation!!

I picked fried rice because i happen to be a fried rice junkie. The quality of meats were wonderful, and I absolutely loved everything I ate. If you read my review, I discussed how great the food was. Maybe that is a problem with this type of thread - since we are asked to pick just one, some people take it to mean other food is bad even though that is not at all implied. Mentioning the fried rice is someone's favorite doesn't mean you should cancel the restaurant.

Fried rice can make or break a dining experience at any Japanese restaurant. The fact that the rice is so good is a plus.

Fried rice can make or break a dining experience at any Japanese restaurant. The fact that the rice is so good is a plus.

I agree! I've never been a big fan of rice in general, but I thought their fried rice was excellent! The filet and shrimp were fantastic too!

I've been thinking about my BA cruise last month and realized that my favorite item from each place is not the main entree. Just curious to see what others fave items are.

Here's mine:

Moderno- Grilled Pineapple

Cagney's- Baked Potato Soup

La Cucina- Bread Basket

Teppenyaki- Fried Rice

Le Bistro- tried once, did not like

So what's your favorite ONE item at each specialty?

Here we go

Cagney's

Wagyu Beef Burger* – 12oz Brioche Bun | arugula salad | Onion Rings | Sliced Pickle

Bone-In Ribeye* – 18oz

La Cucina

Seared Salmon* — Braised Italian White Beans, Roma Tomato

Concassé, Basil Oil Emulsion

Tiramisù — Lady Fingers, Espresso, Mascarpone Cream

Le Bistro Always order both

CARRE D´AGNEAU ROTIS*

Roast Rack of Lamb, Artichokes, Blistered Tomatoes, Zucchini,

Green Olive Sauce

DUO DE CANARD

Breast of Duck and Duck Confit, Parisienne Potatoes, French Beans, Madeira Sauce

Moderno

COSTELA de CARNEIRO*

Flavorful Rib Lamb Chops from the spit

Papaya Cream

A blend of Papaya and Vanilla Cream, Créme de Cassis Liqueur

Teppenyaki

Garlic Fried Rice & Seafood - Lobster, Sea Scallops, Calamari

Orchid Garden Asian Restaurant

Steamed Mahi-Mahi

Scallions, Shiitake Mushrooms, Ginger-infused Sesame Oil

Edited by Orleanscruiser