Celebrity Constellation November 29th 2014

escapethecube

Hi All: My DH, parents, and I will be on the Constellation this November. This is our second year cruising right after Thanksgiving. We're making a family tradition of passing on the turkey and cold weather in Boston and heading somewhere warm.

Just seeing who else may be on this ship.

19940-profile.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey very belated Post. Just logged on for the first time. Is there a meet and Greet?

I am really aggravated at celebrity before ever boarding. I received seven notifications by phone, text, and e to tell me when to board. Preposterous. I am elete or 5 star or what ever celebrity calls it: I Will go when I damn well please. Also, they charged all of theigratuities up front for the wonderful service. Probably my last celebrity Cruise.

Celebrity has long been our favorite Cruise line, so I am pleased to be able to report on a recent five-week voyage on the Infinity. I was absolutely amazed at the changes since our prior cruises several years ago on the Infinity.

The Infinity had been one of the prettiest ships in the fleet with comfortable lounges and bars. The lounges had been totally ripped out and replaced with 60 additional passenger cabins and specialty restaurants to increase the revenue. It is now an absolute monstrosity. The very lovely, relaxing, and enjoyable ship has been totally ruined. I find it difficult to refrain from being a bit more crude in my description of the carnage.

Another “improvement” was to add three small “conference rooms” where lounges had been. On several presentations, including briefing on the next port which took place for a half hour the evening before the port was to be visited, over 100 people would squeezed into room design for about 40. This happened on Apple computer training courses also, which were a welcome addition i you could get in to hear them.

Other than a shopping briefing in the evening before a port to be visited, there was usually no commentary or an occasional after-the-fact presentation. On the second half of our back to back cruise, the briefing for the port we had visited the very first day after we sailed was presented on the next to last day.

I absolutely will not cruise on the Infinity again. She should be sold to a Chinese cruise line or scrapped. These are ridiculous and unfortunate “improvements”.

Friend of Bill W?* Members of 12 step programs of any kind - or if you suspect Alcohol or other issues [food, drugs, gambling, sex, etc] could be a problem for you or a friend,*please*see me @ our m&g or come to our meetings [posted in the daily ship activities].