Freeport stop off the Carnival Fantasy

amckoy

Our family will be leaving soon on the Carnival Fantasy with a stop in FREEPORT Bahamas and also in NASSAU Bahamas. We really could only afford to do 1 excursion, so doing so in Nassau. My question is I would love recommendations on what we could do in FREEPORT on our own. Any certain beaches we should go to where maybe they have fun water things for the kids to do (maybe jet ski rentals, fun shops, local restaurants)? Also, when we get off the ship for this stop and Nassau, should we bring our own beach towels? Does the ship let us use theirs or should we pack some from home? Thanks for great advice!!!

Look in the Ports Of Call section for port info.

Carnival supplies heavy, huge towels. You are welcome to take them onshore with you. If you lose them you will be charged ~$22 each.

Edited by SadieN

If you're looking for a nice beach day, Junkanoo Beach Club is about ten minutes from port and is alright. They have kayaks and other equipment you can use.

Usually I just find a cab driver who seems cool enough and just let him/her give me the tour of the island and have him take me to more local beaches, which although have less maintained facilities are always less crowded and more fun.

Also consider getting a daypass at the Raddison, I think it's $10 a person and it's great as well.

All three are options to be considered, considering you're with the kids I would overall go with the Raddison.

Happily, the ship provides you with beach towels so all you have to do is bring them back and they'll be replaced with clean ones.

Seems you have already booked an excursion in Nassau.

In Freeport you'll need to take a taxi to get to a beach. In the Ports of Call section here on Cruise Critic check under Bahamas for more information on Freeport.

Look forward to having a wonderful cruise! :)

LuLu

The ONLY things in the Freeport port are the shops built because the port was built. It is a $5 ride each way into Port Lucaya, the town. There are lots shops there on the left. On the right are the beaches. You can walk across the street to them. There are hotels but just walk to the beach. The water is on the other side of the shops but aside from snorkeling boats etc. I'm not sure what is also there. To get a ride back to the ship just walk past the shops and there is a lot with cabs and mini buses to take you back to the ships.

(I believe Junkaroo beach is in Nassau not Freeport.)

Google Freeport to see what else is there.