Likelihood of getting Chef's Table on BA?

Scott2.0

Given that only 12 people will get to take part in this, has anyone gotten the Chef's Table without priority (Haven, etc.) boarding?

I'm staying in a standard balcony room and will therefore be boarding with the masses. Do I have any shot at getting this? Thanks!

Sorry no one has answered you. :rolleyes: I've never done the Chef's Table so I can't provide my personal experience, but from what I've heard/read, if you show up at the pier as early as you can you may very well have a shot. I'm not sure if there will be a sign-up table set up in the terminal or not. If not, head directly to Customer Service when you board. The folks that have done it say it's great. Also, try doing a thread search up at the top of this page. Good luck! :D

Given that only 12 people will get to take part in this, has anyone gotten the Chef's Table without priority (Haven, etc.) boarding?

I'm staying in a standard balcony room and will therefore be boarding with the masses. Do I have any shot at getting this? Thanks!

My experience indicates that you should be more worried about it being canceled due to lack of interest.

If there is sufficient demand, they will hold an additional Chef's Table on another night.

If there isn't sufficient demand, they will cancel the only Chef's Table. This has happened on a number of different NCL cruises I have been on.

They need at least 8 people to be interested in it to have the dinner. I was on the Dawn in April. We had 7 people and they still held it for us. It was great bc we were a nice small group and we all became friendly and we all were able to participate in each other's conversation.

Sorry no one has answered you. :rolleyes: I've never done the Chef's Table so I can't provide my personal experience, but from what I've heard/read, if you show up at the pier as early as you can you may very well have a shot. I'm not sure if there will be a sign-up table set up in the terminal or not. If not, head directly to Customer Service when you board. The folks that have done it say it's great. Also, try doing a thread search up at the top of this page. Good luck! :D

Thank you!

Thank you!

They don't set it up on the pier (it would be a madhouse!) Guest services is not usually the place to sign up, restaurant reservations in the lobby area is. Since they started offering it we have never observed it being cancelled. Always been a wait list on our cruises. Guess it depends on the passenger mix. Our last cruise the Chef's Table was sold out by 11:30 on boarding day. Year before it didn't sell out until about 3 pm on boarding day. Good luck.

So what is the chef's table ? Is there a cost?

It's a private dinner (12-person max) where food is paired with different wines and the chef describes the course and wine -- I believe it's at least a 7-course meal (but thinking 9-course). Cost is $99 per person and includes wine that others have cited is more-or-less free-flowing.

I'm hoping to also get a seat at the table for our upcoming trip.

When we went on the Jewel we had a suite, but not a Haven suite - just a "regular" suite. A hostess came around while we were having lunch in Cagney's on embarkation day to ask if we wanted to sign up so we did - never heard of it before that. It was well worth it, but I have to agree with the poster who said it's more like NCL tries to sell it to you to fill it up than you have to worry about not getting on. If you're in a regular suite, I suspect you'll be approached at embarkation lunch. If not, I'm sure a leisurely stroll to guest services will get you sorted.

It was well worth it, but I have to agree with the poster who said it's more like NCL tries to sell it to you to fill it up than you have to worry about not getting on. If you're in a regular suite, I suspect you'll be approached at embarkation lunch. If not, I'm sure a leisurely stroll to guest services will get you sorted.

I have to disagree here. While they do push it because most people do not necessarily know about it in advance, they are usually very successful with it and on my last cruises, the event has sold out well before muster drill. Also they do make rounds in regular MDR also, that is how our friends signed up couple of weeks ago on Jade. (I hadn't even thought about that they'd be interested so I didn't tell them about it in advance.)

Edited by Demonyte