Just off the Pearl - ask me questions!

db8mommy

Food: the group has decided to pass on speciality dining (instead spend shore exc) and do it all in MDR or buffet. Will it be possible to even sit as a group in MDR, Indigo or other free places. Any tricks or insider tips.

There are a lot of complaints on general quality of food and service. Seems like this could exasperate with a large group.

*the MDR will probably be easier at accommodating your group than the buffet. There were lots of times we had problems sitting together at a group of 6 in the buffet, so 16 would really be a challenge unless you all eat at really odd times. Most of the time we chose to sit in the kids cafe with our littles, but also because there weren't other options.

Onboard Activities - Given our age range ...any exciting activities you would recommend either as a group of for the kids. The kids have high hopes on the pool....was it fun for your kids

*my kids liked the hot tub a lot, but it was only warm enough to use on glacier bay day because we were moving slowly. The wind was very biting any other time. They tried the pool that same day, but it was cold, too deep for the 4 year old and was salt water which the 10 year old could not abide. We are from Texas though, so if yall are used to swimming in colder weather, it might be ok.

Shore exc: We are doing most of the majors...private tour to Glacier, White Pass Train, Float Plane Ride , Zip Line etc. We have booked a few but we still have not locked down the zip line and a couple of other ones. Any vendor recommendations. We are not going to do any thru the ship.

*we did the zip line with Grizzly Falls in skagway and it was absolutely amazing. The guides were great and the scenery is stunning. 11 zips and they teach you how to do tricks as well. We booked the late afternoon trip as we did the white pass train in the morning. The 8am train and 2:50 zip allowed us to shop and eat in between.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Spinnaker is where we spent most of the Glacier Bay day. Get there early as the good spots fill up. They serve a light breakfast and lunch in there that day. It's also where the Rangers are set up. The only thing I didn't like was that it was hard to get to an open deck for unobstructed pictures quickly.

Thanks! We will probably go between there and the Haven sundeck for viewing depending on the temps outside lol

Were doing an 11 day crusie with my two kids ages 10 & 11, here are my questions:

1> do they offer pizza ? and where and when

2> ice cream for the kids served a the buffet or anywhere else and when?

3> were the kids super bored on your sea days?

4> were you able to get deck chairs?

5> do they have an outdoor movie screen outside and were they playing kid movies?

Thank you!:D:D:D:D

Were doing an 11 day crusie with my two kids ages 10 & 11, here are my questions:

1> do they offer pizza ? and where and when

3 pizzas available on the buffet at lunch and dinner. Pizza available from room service for $5 anytime.

2> ice cream for the kids served a the buffet or anywhere else and when?

Soft serve vanilla and chocolate and usually 6-8 flavors of scoop ice cream also in the buffet, cup or cone, rainbow or chocolate sprinkles and a couple of different cold syrups.

3> were the kids super bored on your sea days?

They did the kids club, watched movies on our tablet and ate a lot on sea days!

4> were you able to get deck chairs?

Yes. Though usually way too cold to be out on deck due to wind.

5> do they have an outdoor movie screen outside and were they playing kid movies?

Big indoor screen but they only showed grown up movies and only 3 times during the cruise. That may have been because of world cup games which were constantly showing on the big screen. Kid movies were showing in the room at various times: lego movie, frozen and muppets.

Thank you!:D:D:D:D

Still the Blue Lagoon on the Pearl. The brownie sundae was available on the lunch menu but not the dinner.

Thanks. Helpful info to know lunch only.

Edited by AweighToSea

We are going on the Pearl next March with our 7 year old. Is it true the slide is gone? How was kids club? Did your kids enjoy it?

Definitely no slide at the pool. My 10 year old LOVED the nighttime kids club from 7-10:30. They weren't as big a fans of the afternoon for some reason. My guess is that the activities are less structured. The 4 year old never wanted to go but had fun when I would peek in on him.