Trinidad

m steve

We'll be there in February so I've been looking too. From what I've found, it appears you should either take a ship's excursion, or stay on the ship. Apparently the taxi drivers will take you to the boondocks and demand more money. We're not going to take any chances here and will be taking a ship's excursion.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been to Trinidad 3 times.

First time we got a cab and took a nice tour. We enjoyed it.

Second time another pax gave me her ticket for an excursion to the famous bird sanctuary. It was a long drive. You have to really be into birds to enjoy this.

Third time I took a ship sponsored tour to the monastary. There are some nice views since it sits up in the moutains. It was very nice except we were rushed. I wanted to buy something in the little store they have but the tour guide herded us back on the bus. Wish I had taken a cab.

There is a WWII base that can be visited.

The regular taxies should not be problem BUT there are GYPSY taxies hanging around the pier. Beware of them.

Do not go into town to shop. There are some shops at the dock.

There will probably be a steel drum band around the pier. These guys and gals put on a very good show.

Sometime the cruise line brings one of the well known steel drum bands on board for a concert. They are always excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived