Just got the call!!!

lottsomom

After 10 cruises, I finally got a call this week from the upgrade fairy and I said yes. We went from an ocean view on the upper deck to a junior suite on the veranda deck for $390.00. It's myself, my daughter and her BFF for their senior trip. I thought why not? We've never even had a balcony before so we are so excited! 25 more days, :):)

Yeah we've all said that to ourselves before. You'll be back.

OP: Agree that is too much!

You are going to fall in love....er, um, I mean love it!

You will be very happy to have that extra room & bigger balcony!

Tee Hee....ain't that the truth?

I always think it is funny when telling a stranger they've never met that they are going to love it. How could anyone possibly know that? They may very well hate it, as do many people I know who've done it once and will never again.

Save the $400 and use it on your next cruise! Believe it or not you can both cruise for not too much more money than that if you watch the bargins.

Hmmm. How much are you figuring for the airfare and hotel? We're at about $3,700 for a family of four before we step on the ship.

Two years ago I got a call to move from a Balcony to an Ocean Suite....

Price.....$2000

I started laughing...I was like I only paid $2100 for the four of us for the cruise.

I could do a SECOND cruise for what you want me to pay for a Suite.

Once I stopped laughing I turned him down. LOL

Price.....$2000

I started laughing...I was like I only paid $2100 for the four of us for the cruise.

:eek: Eegads! I think I would have had the same reaction. Was it a seven-day cruise? I only ask because that is so much higher than the upsell offer I took for four of us from a balcony to an OS on a 7-day Pride cruise last year.

Price.....$2000

Do not blame you. I would never have paid that. But since our original price was low, we were still under $2,000 for the OS. Like I said, I have only had upsell calls a few times, and I am pretty sure, I never took one. If they had offered me an upgrade to a balcony I would probably have taken that. but..It has been a long year and it will be nice to sit out some. And to have a bigger shower. I don't think it is going to happen too often, so this will be a special splurge. Our 44th wedding year, too.

That's a lot of sea days to enjoy your balcony and the extra room is great. I got a great deal for our Glory Sept. premier cruise and am surprising my DH with the captains suite. Really looking forward to that space and he will have his own full bathroom!!!

Woo Hoo! You might get lost in that much space!! You have walk in closets and whirlpool baths........goodness. Enjoy!!!

Hmmm. How much are you figuring for the airfare and hotel? We're at about $3,700 for a family of four before we step on the ship.

If you live close to port, if you are not working..retired or can set your hours......if you can go last minute.........and if you get an inside cabin...........We can go for five days for $600-700 but we always get an ocean view..(Fascination) ..then $900 with tax or less. Seven or eight day...can get an inside or OV for $1000 + or - a little. That is watching the prices every day. checking several different boards. Reading all of the e-mails.....hopping on a bargain when you see one......................We have done that twice. Both times on the Dream. If we would drive to Miami..we could get better but that is a day long drive and my husband, a Florida Native, does not going to Miami anymore. The Moral...RETIRE to FLORIDA or TEXAS.

:eek: Eegads! I think I would have had the same reaction. Was it a seven-day cruise? I only ask because that is so much higher than the upsell offer I took for four of us from a balcony to an OS on a 7-day Pride cruise last year.

Yes, it was the 7 day cruise out of San Juan on the Victory.

Instead of a call i got an email to upgrade for 35 from interior to oceanview. It gave me a specific extension and code... I took it and it was 30 flat....

That is a great price, I would have done the same! Enjoy your view.

We got the call last night to upgrade to an OS from balcony for $525.....we turned it down and she promised she'd call us back tonight if she could get it lower......Found out tonight on the roll call that someone from the same cruise got the call last night and accepted the upgrade for $320! If they would have offered it to us for $320 we'd have taken it......We'll see......Either they'll call tonight or they won't, and I'll call tomorrow and ask for her in the upgrade department (I did get her name). See if she can do any better....

Just curious. Did you book through Carnival directly, or did you use a travel agent?

And did You actually answer the call, or did they leave a message for you?

Is is an 800 number? I don't usually answer calls from numbers I don't recognize :)

Edited by 63galaxie

Just curious. Did you book through Carnival directly, or did you use a travel agent?

Is is an 800 number? I don't usually answer calls from numbers I don't recognize :)

With my call yesterday, I answered and it came in as unknown and I booked through carnival.

If you live close to port, if you are not working..retired or can set your hours......if you can go last minute.........and if you get an inside cabin...........We can go for five days for $600-700 but we always get an ocean view..(Fascination) ..then $900 with tax or less. Seven or eight day...can get an inside or OV for $1000 + or - a little. That is watching the prices every day. checking several different boards. Reading all of the e-mails.....hopping on a bargain when you see one......................We have done that twice. Both times on the Dream. If we would drive to Miami..we could get better but that is a day long drive and my husband, a Florida Native, does not going to Miami anymore. The Moral...RETIRE to FLORIDA or TEXAS.

Thanks for the advice. We're actually doing back to back - one with kids and one without, so we're at just over $13,000 so far. As I tell anyone who will listen, a cruise vacation is not cheap.

We got a call from the "Upgrade Fairy" about 2 weeks ago for our cruise this Sunday. We were offered an upgrade from a balcony on starboard side...to a Vista Suite with an aft-wrap balcony on port side. The offer was for $500.00. We thought "why not" and took it. I'm looking forward to the extra space and a lovely large balcony! Can't wait! :)

I got a call and the caller id said Carnival. I was not home when they called and they left a msg and sent me an email. I turned down the $375 offer to upgrade from a balcony to an OS.

I wonder how they decide how much they will charge ~ For example, 618mom said they just offered her to change from balcony to OS for $375.00 and yet I was offered to change from balcony to OS for $680.00?? I am sure there is some strategy to it!

Edited by pearle1

We got a call from the "Upgrade Fairy" about 2 weeks ago for our cruise this Sunday. We were offered an upgrade from a balcony on starboard side...to a Vista Suite with an aft-wrap balcony on port side. The offer was for $500.00. We thought "why not" and took it. I'm looking forward to the extra space and a lovely large balcony! Can't wait! :)

Now that's a good deal!:cool: Enjoy!:D