LA Port or is it San Pedro/Long Beach!

Cathy Maneri

So to sum it up....Los Angeles doesn't have a cruise port, the ships use San Pedro which I know is south of LA.

Incorrect information.

There is no San Pedro city. San Pedro is a area of Los Angles the same as Hollywood is.

IF you look at a map the port of Los Angels is connected to Los Angles by a narrow strip of land.

...It's all over the news about the guy who wanted to fly to Granada (Spain) but booked his flight to Grenada (Caribbean) and didn't discover his error until he was on the plane and landed...

This used to happen from time to time when I lived in the Bay Area. Every so often, someone intending to fly into San Jose, California would get ticketed to San Jose, Costa Rica, or vise versa, and figure it out after takeoff.

Incorrect information.

There is no San Pedro city. San Pedro is a area of Los Angles the same as Hollywood is.

IF you look at a map the port of Los Angels is connected to Los Angles by a narrow strip of land.

This is endlessly confusing for visitors, especially since there area a few cities (Burbank and Beverly Hills come to mind) that are surrounded by districts of L.A.

Which airport is closer to the LA Port - Long Beach Airport or LAX?

They're about the same distance. LAX is a straight get away on the 110 freeway from the airport. Takes about 20 minutes once on the freeway. Long Beach airport you would get on the 405 freeway to the 110 to get to the pier or you could use the streets which would take longer due to all the traffic lights. I live in Long Beach not far from the Long Beach airport and it takes me at least 20 to 25 minutes to get to the Port of LA, which is in San Pedro.

This is endlessly confusing for visitors, especially since there area a few cities (Burbank and Beverly Hills come to mind) that are surrounded by districts of L.A.

So is the City of San Fernando, but the schools there are part of the Los Angeles Unified School District.