Sand wheelchairs

mamawsnest

You can push it on the paths or you can ride the trams. The trams are equipped to handle wheelchairs.

Let me warn you--these sand chairs are hard to push. My friend who needed the chair is a small woman, but I couldn't push her in the sand. Unfortunately, she warned me ahead of time that she's only had success with these when there was a young male to do the pushing in the sand; otherwise, they are great on the paths particularly if you con't want your own chair to get full of sand from the island.

They are not hard to push on the paths, but I had no success on the sand. You can get one and push it to the tram. When you get to Serenity, you can decide whether you can handle the sand or not. If not, just stay on the paths. Of course, it is 2 different trams to Serenity, each requiring loading and unloading the chair.

They are convenient, but it is a big guy or two girl operation in the soft sand. We were a little late (lunchtime) getting our wheelchair using son to CC and there were still a couple of sand wheelchairs available which was surprising since we were on a sold-out Dream. We have used similar chairs on other beaches with more hard-packed sand and they were great.