Booking Onboard?

kpadalik

We are cruising on the Breeze in October. We would like to book a cruise to Alaska for June 2016 when we are on the ship. If the sailings aren't released yet for June 2016, will we be able to do this? Also, what are the advantages/benefits we will receive for rebooking another cruise while onboard? Additional discount? OBC? Thanks for your help!

If the sailing you want to book isn't open by then, you won't be able to book it. There are a couple benefits to booking on board. We booked a 7-day cruise while on a cruise, and we got $100 OBC for it. No extra discounts though. The price was the same as if we booked at home.

If you do book onboard, make sure you come prepared. Which ship, date, cabin(s), and cost. You can do this either right before you leave for the cruise or while onboard at the internet computers. And the OBC is dependent on length of the cruise. But the 7 or 8 day cruises get the $100 OBC.

Steve

If you book a future cruise while onboard the current cruise, you also receive two Friends & Family vouchers to give to others when you get back home. Then, if others book the same cruise as you within 60 days, they too get the OBC, but no other perks.

We booked another cruise on board and received the $100 OBC and the friends/family voucher which our friends actually used to join us. Really, there were no other perks. There was a computer at the future cruise desk that passengers could access to view the Carnival website so we were aware of costs and offers available. This wasnon Splendor, not sure what other ships have that. We thought the future cruise consultant would be able to check for other cabins available, but she saw same thing we did.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If the cruise you want is not available - book something else. I booked 2 three day cruises and changed them to the cruises I wanted when they were available. The onboard credit will reflect the length of the cruise you eventually book.

Also the deposit is far less on a 3 day cruise. I don't know how it will affect the friends and family vouchers though.

wow... this is something different for Carnival with the OBC... goes back to the FCC which I liked... the larger deposit is not an issue for me, but being able to have an open-ended booking (probably within 24 months) is better than having to pick a cruise a year out or more