Puntarenas, Costa Rica

pegfromca

:) Puntarenas, Costa Rica--Has anyone taken the eco-Jungle River Cruise or the Costa Rica & It's Capital City trip offered by Princess? What did you think?

I did the "Costa Rica & It's Capital City" tour and loved it. I usually don't enjoy all day excursions but I loved this one and thought it was a great introduction to Costa Rica. The country side is beautiful and each stop was well worth it.

HI, we did the eco jungle tour in March. We booked the first tour of the day and had a good time, really interesting tour, we saw a lot of wildlife and the tour boat gets as close as it can. We enjoyed it alot , but each person has there own preferences. There was a comfortable bus ride to and from the site and we had time to shop at the pier/beach side open air shops when we returned. The time before when we were there two years ago , we did the Sarchi shopping tour, which was nice for an overview of the area. I hope you enjoy your time there, it is one of our favorite stops. It is a very pretty place.

Cori

We did the Eco-Jungle River Cruise in April of last year and really enjoyed it. The drive to the Tarcoles River was beautiful with lots of monkeys along the side of the road and a scarlet macaw in one of the trees. Once at the River, there is a fresh fruit buffet and tropical music, as well as a small coffee area and a tiny gift area. You walk through the rainforest to board your boat and cruise through the Guacilillo Estuary - lots of crocodiles, birds, iguanas, Jesus Christ lizards, and mangrove crabs. We did need bug repellant on the River. We really loved the tour and would do it again. Be sure to take the tram back to the shore and the small shopping area there. The vendors are wonderful and there are some nice bargains to be had. Have a wonderful trip whatever you choose to do!

Sue

:) Puntarenas, Costa Rica--Has anyone taken the eco-Jungle River Cruise or the Costa Rica & It's Capital City trip offered by Princess? What did you think?

I took it in 2000, a great trip! You walk a short way to the river, on a raised walkway. The birds and caymens,[their favorite foods are fat americans] are everywhere. If I go there in the future, I would repeat the tour! :) :) :) . Enjoy the trip. As I recall the bus goes over the 'yellow bridge', at five miles an hour, it is their answer to the Golden Gate Bridge. I hope that its still there. john

Archived