Scenic Faroe & Pancake Tour

It seems several cruises do this same tour from Torshavn, but I can't find and reviews.

Can anyone share their experience and/or photos?

Thanks!

We will be taking this tour in couple of weeks so I will let you know our impressions.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, I am just back from Klaksvik on the Celebrity Eclipse. I have to say that it was the worst port I've ever visited. The only thing of interest was a salmon farm which you can view from the ship. We had contemplated the Faroe Scenic and Pancakes but didn't book it - glad we hadn't as you could really see everything from the ship.

It became a bit of a joke between everyone on board about it being their favourite place to visit. The locals offer a shuttle bus from the town (which has wifi on the bus). There is literally about 10 shops and a church, most of which were closed. Perhaps the tour might be a little more exciting (every cloud has a silver lining and all that)?

All of our other ports were amazing!

Edited by bubblesqueaker

Hey, I am just back from Klaksvik on the Celebrity Eclipse. I have to say that it was the worst port I've ever visited. The only thing of interest was a salmon farm which you can view from the ship. We had contemplated the Faroe Scenic and Pancakes but didn't book it - glad we hadn't as you could really see everything from the ship.

It became a bit of a joke between everyone on board about it being their favourite place to visit. The locals offer a shuttle bus from the town (which has wifi on the bus). There is literally about 10 shops and a church, most of which were closed. Perhaps the tour might be a little more exciting (every cloud has a silver lining and all that)?

All of our other ports were amazing!

Thanks for reporting back! Was the Faroe Pancake Tour in Torshavn or Klaksvic? We're visiting Torshavn, but not Klaksvic.

Klaksvik - Torshavn is about an hour away. Hopefully there will be more to see there as it's the capital :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok thanks! We're signed up for the pancake tour in Torshavn, so hopefully there will be more to see!

I am back from our cruise. We have enjoyed our stop at Klaksvik. The pancake tour started with a scenic drive on a nice sunny day to Gjogv. In this small village we 1st stopped for pancakes w/coffee,tea. Afterwards we had about 1 hr of free time to walk around the village, take pictures and enjoy the scenery. Since the weather was so nice we enjoyed the walk and took lots of pictures. Many Dutch have summer homes there so there were lots of kids around, playing and swimming in a very cold stream :). No shopping opportunities, if that matters to anyone.

All in all, I would say it was a very nice excursion. We did have a couple of photo stops during the drive.

• 5 months later...
Rent a car! The Island is beautiful, and very easy to drive.....We did it and had a wonderful time! Take a look at my blog post and see for yourself!!:)

http://karanandmichael.blogspot.com/

Karan, not sure if your still monitoring these boards, but would like to know where you rented the car. I will be there in July, but so far no luck with a car rental.

thanks