NCL Breakaway- best place for wedding before departure?

bahama bride

Hi all,

I'm taking a February 1st 2015 cruise to Southern Caribbean for 12 days, but while the ship is still in NY, we're getting married onboard. My wedding guests will then depart, and we'll sail away- just the two of us!!

My question is, what are the best areas for weddings, onboard the Breakaway?

,NCL I believe holds weddings in Fat Cats and in Bliss. We are doing ours on August 11th in Fat Cats. We got to tour the ship last week and check out fat cats and it is definitely a cool venue, kind of a NY vibe. But it is pretty small and arranging an aisle might be a little bit difficult, you will definitely have to enter from the waterfront deck. But in general it is a cool venue. We chose Fat Cats because we didn't want to get married in what essentially was a nightclub (Bliss). Fat Cats looks more like a jazz club.

I also heard that they do embarkation day weddings in the Manhattan room. That dining room is very beautiful, and if that is an option and you have a bit bigger group of people, I would recommend that.

I can't answer your entire question but while I was onboard they had a wedding before the Breakaway sailed. It was held in the Manhattan Room. There seemed to be a good number of guests. Many of the guests got off prior to sailing. I was checking out Cagney's at the time which is on a deck above the Manhattan Room so I watched the bride walk down the aisle through the window. The set up looked very nice in my opinion.