Celebration cakes

pearose

I know that you can buy the Bon Voyage, Birthday, Anniversary, Congrats cakes to be delivered to your cabin prior to sailing, but can you purchase one on line and have it delivered to your table in the main dining room after on board?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We always purchase from the coffee shop or the candy shop after we board. Then you just tell them when and where you want it delivered and it will be there. I don't know what options it gives you when you order online. If it doesn't give you an option you want then just order when you get onboard. The cakes are delicious!

I have already purchased a birthday cake for our August cruise, and it let me choose what to say on the cake, and when and where to deliver it. It could go to the cabin or main dining room, and I could pick which day to have it delivered. That way I can surprise the birthday boy and not have him wonder what I am doing on the ship.

Thanks for the idea. I am cruising with my parents next month for their 37th wedding anniversary. This will be perfect to order a cake while onboard to be delivered at dinner. I wonder how that works though if you have Your Time Dining

We've ordered them a couple of times on board, but not pre-cruise. I don't know how it works with anytime dining, but i'm sure there's a process. The cakes are really good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We've ordered them a couple of times on board, but not pre-cruise. I don't know how it works with anytime dining, but i'm sure there's a process. The cakes are really good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have anytime dining and I just ordered my girlfriend's birthday cake to be delivered to the dining room. At checkout, I had to pick the date and there was no time option to deliver.

Edited by Kcarp

With YTD, when you check in at the host stand, there will be a notification on the host's screen that there is a cake to be delivered. The host will notify the server that there is a cake:)

Thanks for the info!

Just as a heads up- my friend bought me a cake pre-cruise and asked them to deliver it to my stateroom (I don't like a lot of attention). On my birthday they brought out the cake at the MDR and had everyone sing. It wasn't the worst thing in the world, but I wouldn't really believe them again if they told me it would be delivered to the stateroom :)

Don't be surprised if the cake does not arrive either. I ordered a birthday cake on the Magic in Cherry on Top to be delivered on my husband's birthday to our family table in the MDR. The entire family (except for DH) was expecting it so they just ordered ice cream for dessert. We waited and waited and waited and then got thrown out of first seating so they could reset the table. I went back to Cherry On Top and she showed me the order she placed. She sent me to GS. GS asked the kitchen staff. They baked the cake and it was delivered to the waiter on the night in question. He just didn't deliver it. FYI - worst waiter we ever had in 53 cruises on all lines. He delivered it the following night. No apology, no nothing.

I have always ordered a Bon Voyage cake to be delivered to the cabin on embarkation, and its always been there. But this time may be different. We may have a surprise during the cruise, which I don't want to say here in case the person in question might read it....but if it happens, I'd love to have a cake to add to the fun.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Don't be surprised if the cake does not arrive either. I ordered a birthday cake on the Magic in Cherry on Top to be delivered on my husband's birthday to our family table in the MDR. The entire family (except for DH) was expecting it so they just ordered ice cream for dessert. We waited and waited and waited and then got thrown out of first seating so they could reset the table. I went back to Cherry On Top and she showed me the order she placed. She sent me to GS. GS asked the kitchen staff. They baked the cake and it was delivered to the waiter on the night in question. He just didn't deliver it. FYI - worst waiter we ever had in 53 cruises on all lines. He delivered it the following night. No apology, no nothing.

I misread your reply.

Edited by Kcarp

When cruising with some friends, we went together and ordered a cake for our sons who had just graduated high school. It was delivered to the MDR and the cake was delicious! Although DH and I have sailed for two anniversaries, we've never ordered one for those special occasions. With all of the other wonderful (and FREE) desserts floating around, I guess we just never thought about it. ;)

I have order the birthday cake and anniversary cake that serve12 and they brought them on the night I ordered them .....I did have to get the waiters to change the anniversary one to a different no problem with waiters......after the sang they cut it and serve to us......it serve as our desert each time......I also ask the waiter when we to dinner that night if they had the cake.....I have order the strawberry....and the chocolate one....both was good