RCCL Symbolic Ceremony in Labadee IOS

Hello!

My fiancée and I have booked our cruise for May 2015 on the Independence of the Seas! We will be getting legally married in our state prior to avoid the hoops and red tape of a legal married in another country...hence the reason we are doing a "symbolic ceremony". Any who....I am getting absolutely NO helpful information or photos from RCCL about this package. They can't show me any picture of where they will have the ceremony, they have no picture of flowers or added touches, they have no information about ceremony times or transportation....nothing. Any one out there with any experience with these symbolic ceremonies with RCCL??

Please help me! Lol

That's the only thing I have so far :(, but it just doesn't really provide any real information for the symbolic ceremony package. I want pictures, details, etc! I need to find more information as opposed to just having them toss a general brochure at me. I would like to see where they have the ceremony, what décor is included, how my flowers will look etc. So far, my TA and I have called, emailed, etc....NOTHING? Ugh... So frustrating

Well, apparently RCCL only allows symbolic ceremonies on their private islands (cococay and labadee) so we were limited with our selections. I just don't know what else to do since we will be legally married at a courthouse prior to sailing.

Well, apparently RCCL only allows symbolic ceremonies on their private islands (cococay and labadee) so we were limited with our selections. I just don't know what else to do since we will be legally married at a courthouse prior to sailing.

Well, you could organize a ceremony at the other islands without using RCCL. But of cause it's not easy to organize this from remote.

I hope you will find someone who has book that ceremony at Labadee. The places I have seen there are really crowded and not romantic :(

Well, you could organize a ceremony at the other islands without using RCCL. But of cause it's not easy to organize this from remote.

I hope you will find someone who has book that ceremony at Labadee. The places I have seen there are really crowded and not romantic :(

I would not risk organizing a ceremony yourself during one of your stops. For various reasons your itinerary can change. You don't want to be out all that money.

• 7 months later...

Have you learned any more info on Symbolic Ceremonies through RCC? I am just starting the cruise wedding planning process, and am hoping to do the same thing you mentioned - get legally married in my home state, then have a symbolic ceremony on the ship. I am in the process of looking for more info on this too... Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
Have you learned any more info on Symbolic Ceremonies through RCC? I am just starting the cruise wedding planning process, and am hoping to do the same thing you mentioned - get legally married in my home state, then have a symbolic ceremony on the ship. I am in the process of looking for more info on this too... Thank you!

FutureMrsRaymond, I would encourage you to look into private island vendors before ruling them out - we had an incredible experience in Cozumel! Going outside the cruise line seems like it allows you to have a much more personalized experience, IMO. Of course, there is the risk of missing your port, but by choosing a non-tendered port, we minimized that risk as much as possible. Just a thought!