Sunshine vs Groly?

YoelyL

I'm looking to book a cruise in August and there are 2 that match our dates with a very similar itinerary.

One is on the Sunshine out of Orlando FL (Port Carnival) the other is on the Glory out of Miami FL. it doesn't matter to me where it departs as we'll be flying in from NY.

Any help choosing? or is there another tread on this already?

Thanks.

Sunshine is $150 more for balcony.

Both depart on Saturday, and yes, I'd be flying out of NY on Thursday.

So you're saying where I spend the 2 days matters? I guess.

Open to suggestions.

I'm looking to book a cruise in August and there are 2 that match our dates with a very similar itinerary.

One is on the Sunshine out of Orlando FL (Port Carnival) the other is on the Glory out of Miami FL. it doesn't matter to me where it departs as we'll be flying in from NY.

Any help choosing? or is there another tread on this already?

Thanks.

If prices are comparable, I would chose any port over POM!:rolleyes:

PC is an easy port, and the Sunshine would be fun!

We're traveling without the kids.

They're all (3) going to be in camp. :)

So far the Sunshine is getting more votes...

And I'm sure Downtown Disney would be great for Pre-cruise fun. :)

Thanks all.

I've been on both and like both ships very much. I'd probably give a slight nod to the Sunshine. They really packed a lot into this ship. It was hard to cram everything into the 5 day cruise I took.

One caveat is at times the Sunshine can feel crowded - if that bugs you, then go with Glory.

Cruise Terminal, I do prefer Canaveral over Miami. Hotel proximity and variety close to port - Miami takes it.

This would be one I'd probably flip a coin on. :)

Thanks all.

If you do Sunshine, remember the airport is roughly 1 hour away. Get a car, do Downtown Disney. The road to the port is simple, follow a few signs then it's straight road ahead to the port. Myself, I was scared to death driving in Miami, but then again, we were 2 women.

If prices are comparable, I would chose any port over POM!:rolleyes:

PC is an easy port, and the Sunshine would be fun!

I agree, I am not a fan of cruising from Miami. Maybe it'll improve once they get that fancy new tunnel finished.

I'm going on the Sunshine in August, flying out of PHL. We're arriving at MCO the day before, and will be staying at a hotel around the airport ($58 for Country Inn and Suites MCO. Prices is cheaper than in PC/Cocoa Beach), and grabbing a shuttle ($30 rt) from the hotel to the port. The last time we cruises out of PC we rented a car, and checked out Downtown Disney, and ate at Planet Hollywood. This time since its so many of us traveling, we'll eat some place local, and use the hotel shuttle or taxi to get to the mall or outlets. When going out of Miami, we fly into FLL and take SAS shuttles ($30rt) to get to the port. We have found some pretty good prices on several online websites, and have stayed at the airport for the same price as MCO airport.

Thanks all.

There are a lot of fun things to do at WDW outside the parks.

Depending on how old your kids are.

Ride the monorail, look at the resorts, animal kingdom is pretty cool, ride the boats, go to fort wilderness to eat, look at the ponies, or for the campfire.

There are a lot of things to do outside the parks at no additional cost.

Also if you are staying at a WDW hotel you can take the magical express from the airport to the resort.

We picked up a rental car at Boardwalk, I think, and turned it in at the port.

The drove us to the dock and picked us up when we got back.

And the guy at the rental car place clued us in on where to look for manatees and dolphins.

Saw a manatee.

Renting the car was less expensive than using the transport.

Mousesavers and All Ears are really helpful WDW sites.

And the DIS messageboards.

I have been on both, the Sunshine in the Mediterranean was great since there were not a lot of sea days. People were really fighting for deck chairs on those few though. I chose the Glory for our next Western Caribbean Cruise just for that reason.

I've been on both ships and even though I enjoyed many aspects of the Sunshine I really didn't like the new layout and particularly didn't care for the Liquid Lounge (didn't like the rows of chairs on the floor) or the Limelight Lounge (some seating is behind the performer and you essentially have to watch on a monitor).

I haven't been on the Glory since the change to the American Table/Feast menu's. Having 2.0 upgrades is also a plus and my love of Conquest class ships in general would have me choose the Glory.

I've been on both ships and even though I enjoyed many aspects of the Sunshine I really didn't like the new layout and particularly didn't care for the Liquid Lounge (didn't like the rows of chairs on the floor) or the Limelight Lounge (some seating is behind the performer and you essentially have to watch on a monitor).

I haven't been on the Glory since the change to the American Table/Feast menu's. Having 2.0 upgrades is also a plus and my love of Conquest class ships in general would have me choose the Glory.

I agree with your assessment. I did not care for the Liquid Lounge because it felt that so many of the views from the seats were awkward and the limelight lounge you couldn't see the performer. We only went to one comedian show on the Sunshine as opposed to 4 on the Glory.

I preferred the Sunshine over the Glory. The Serenity Deck on Sunshine is the BEST! I cruised solo on that one so finding a good seat for comedy shows, etc. was never an issue but I will acknowledge the layout was strange.

Still....loved that ship.

I preferred the Sunshine over the Glory. The Serenity Deck on Sunshine is the BEST! I cruised solo on that one so finding a good seat for comedy shows, etc. was never an issue but I will acknowledge the layout was strange.

Still....loved that ship.

The Serenity on the Sushine is nice (and the waterfall is awesome) and though the noise is a consideration. Didn't bother me but it bothers some.